Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

2 posters

Iraq sues Turkey over Kurdish oil shipments

chouchou
chouchou

Iraq sues Turkey over Kurdish oil shipments Empty Iraq sues Turkey over Kurdish oil shipments

Post by chouchou Sat 24 May 2014, 3:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BAGHDAD: Baghdad launched legal action against Ankara Friday after oil from Iraq’s autonomous Kurdish region was exported to international markets without the central government’s consent, potentially worsening already-poor ties between the neighbors.

The sudden decision to call for arbitration by Iraq, which came after shipments began on Thursday evening, is the latest move in a years-long row in which Baghdad has insisted it has the sole right to export Iraqi crude.

The dispute over the exports, which the US has said could further destabilize Iraq, also throws into doubt Prime Minister Nuri Al-Maliki’s bid for re-election after polls last month, with his campaign expected to hinge on whether or not he can secure Kurdish backing.

The central government’s oil ministry said in a statement that it has “filed a request for arbitration against the Republic of Turkey and its state-owned pipeline operator BOTAS ... with the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) in Paris.”

“By transporting and storing crude oil from Kurdistan, and by loading that crude oil onto a tanker in Ceyhan, all without the authorization of the Iraqi Ministry of Oil, Turkey and BOTAS have breached their obligations under the Iraq-Turkey Pipeline Agreement,” it said.

The ministry said it was asking the ICC to order Turkey and BOTAS to “cease all unauthorized transport, storage and loading of crude oil,” and added it was seeking financial damages of more than $250 million.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
chouchou
chouchou

Iraq sues Turkey over Kurdish oil shipments Empty Re: Iraq sues Turkey over Kurdish oil shipments

Post by chouchou Sat 24 May 2014, 3:34 am

For me Kurdistan & Baghdad will never be able to agree on anything as it is obvious the Kurds want to be independant.

Now, what is the solution, should Baghdad says, bye bye Kurdistan you are on your own? I do not know!

But I must admit, I cannot see Iraq moving forward until this story is resolved, let alone forming a new Gov, passing budget etc.......
weslin3
weslin3
Interacting Investor
Interacting Investor

Iraq sues Turkey over Kurdish oil shipments Empty Re: Iraq sues Turkey over Kurdish oil shipments

Post by weslin3 Sat 24 May 2014, 5:07 am

My thoughts also.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 27 Sep 2022, 4:44 pm