[size=41]Trump reveals the fact that 12 thousand troops are sent to the Middle East
US President Donald Trump late Thursday denied Washington's intention to send 12,000 troops to the Middle East.
In a tweet on his Twitter account, Trump described the news as false, without giving further details.
Earlier on Thursday, Fox News said the Pentagon was considering a plan to add up to 7,000 troops to the Middle East to counter Iran's growing threats in the region.
Based on what she described as statements by officials from the US Department of Defense, noting that the Secretary of Defense "has not made any decision" according to his advisers.
US officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, have confirmed that the United States is considering sending thousands more troops to the Middle East to deter Iran, but has yet to make a decision and the situation remains unclear.
Officials cited intelligence over the past month indicating that Iran is repositioning and deploying troops and weapons.
The Pentagon on Wednesday strongly denied a report by the Wall Street Journal that the United States was considering sending an additional 14,000 troops to the region.
On Thursday, lawmakers pressed John Rudd, the Pentagon's third-ranking official, on whether to consider sending additional troops to the Middle East.
"Based on what we see and with our concern about the magnitude of the threat, it is possible that we need to adjust the status of our forces," Rudd said.
"We are always thinking and in fact, based on the threat situation in the Middle East, we are monitoring this and the defense minister has told me that if necessary he intends to make changes to the status of our troops there," he said.