Wed, 08 Jan 2020 10:37 AM[/size]
The "American-Iranian" tension took a dangerous escalating curve after the Iranian attack on the American base of Al-Assad in Iraq, which came in revenge for the assassination of Qassem Soleimani, commander of the Revolutionary Guards Corps in a US strike with drones last Friday, which calls for a decisive response from US President Donald Trump, who has threatened a swift strike of 52 targets in Iran, raises the question about the possibility that the war of threats and declarations could turn into a military war on the ground.
Although excluding the officials of the two countries and their desire to stay away from the war, the successive developments of the repercussions of the incident, which observers have become unable to predict, make it imperative not to exclude the war scenario completely, and with the assumption that the US-Iranian conflict is heading towards a military war in the near future, any country can be predicted The military will gain weight by measuring the capabilities available to the army of each of the two opponents, and the Iranian military ability can be monitored by numbers, according to the "Global Firepower" military website, whose information is well known and the reports of studies and research institutes that provide information about the competencies and military equipment and the Technologies available to Iran.
These points monitor Iran's military capacity in numbers:
The Iranian army ranks 14th among the world's strongest armies.
Its population is 82 million, including 47 million and 324 thousand manpower available for work, and 39 million and 842 thousand for military service.
- The total number of soldiers reaches 873 thousand.
The number of the Iranian army’s operating forces is estimated at 523,000, 350,000 in the reserve ranks.
Revolutionary Guards have 150,000 personnel and 20,000 more in the Revolutionary Guards naval forces.
Defense spending amounts to $ 6.3 billion.
Concerning the arsenal of weapons, the total number of military aircraft has 509 aircraft, including 142 fighters, 165 attack aircraft and 104 helicopters.
It owns 1,634 tanks, 570 armored vehicles, self-propelled guns, and 2128 field guns.
- The Iranian army has 1,900 multi-missile launchers and 398 naval vessels.
Iran also has a mobilization force known as the Basij, a civilian voluntary security force that enables Iran to mobilize and train militarily in times of crisis under the supervision of the Revolutionary Guards.
- A US Defense Department report describes Iran's missile strength as the largest in the Middle East and mainly consisting of short and medium-range missiles.
Iran is developing its capability in the field of drones.
- Apart from the military capabilities, Iran has strengthened its capabilities in the areas of electronic attacks, and the Revolutionary Guards have electronic units operating in the areas of espionage.
- In August 2019, Iran unveiled an air defense system of long-range "Power 373" missiles and has a domestic air defense missile system (15 Khordad).
- Media reports indicate that Iran's military arsenal includes old planes since the time of the Shah, some of them American-made, which were unable to maintain or replace its spare parts due to international sanctions.