Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The dollar rallied on strong US data and upbeat expectations for the yuan

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

The dollar rallied on strong US data and upbeat expectations for the yuan Empty The dollar rallied on strong US data and upbeat expectations for the yuan

Post by Rocky Mon 20 Jan 2020, 2:05 am

The dollar rallied on strong US data and upbeat expectations for the yuan

The dollar rallied on strong US data and upbeat expectations for the yuan 18736

Economy News _ Baghdad
    The dollar began trading on the week on Monday, as economic data indicated the strength of the US economy, while Asian currencies were supported by optimism about China's expectations.
    The US currency settled near its highest level in a week against the euro at $ 1.1095, and amounted to just under the eight-month peak against the Japanese currency at 110.17 yen to the dollar. Against a basket of currencies, the dollar stabilized.
    The Chinese yuan rose 0.2 percent to a six-month high, while the Australian and New Zealand dollars also rose.
    Movements were slight and volumes were meager as the Chinese New Year approached and US markets closed today.
    Friday's data showed US home building rates rose to a 13-year high in December, while retail sales also increased and a measure of industrial activity rebounded to a eight-month high.
    The futures pricing suggests that no one believes that the Federal Reserve will cut interest rates when it meets at the end of the month.
    On Friday, China posted the slowest annual growth in nearly 30 years, although December data showed a recovery in corporate confidence and accelerated factory production.
    This helped the yuan to climb to a six-month high of 6.8457 to the dollar after a record lending interest rate stabilized today, leading to gains across Asia.
    The Australian and New Zealand dollars increased about 0.2 percent, while emerging market currencies also rose.
    The pound hit a one-week low of $ 1.3 a week, with markets worried that the Bank of England will cut interest rates by the end of the month, especially if business surveys this week produce negative results.  

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 2:37 pm