Follow-up - Direction Press
The US Central Command revealed that it had transferred an additional number of its soldiers in Iraq to a US medical facility in Germany, after they were hit by Iran's shelling of Ein Al-Assad Air Base in Iraq on January 8.
These additional casualties are among the 11 non-US forces that the US Central Command announced last week were wounded in Iranian missile strikes, which came in retaliation for a US raid near Baghdad airport, on January 2, that killed the Iranian Quds Force commander, General Qassem Soleimani. Abu Mahdi Al-Muhandis, Deputy Chairman of the Popular Mobilization Authority in Iraq, and a number of escorts.
The US Central Command did not provide an immediate figure on the number of additional casualties.
In a statement, Captain Bill Urban, a spokesman for the US Central Command, said that additional service members have been relocated, and that "it is possible to identify additional casualties in the future."
Urban added: “With the continuation of the medical treatment, additional members of the service were identified as suffering from possible injuries ... These service members have been moved to Germany, for further examination and to receive the necessary treatment… Given the nature of the injuries already observed, it is possible to identify injuries Additional in the future. ”
Last week, the Central Command said that 11 American forces were wounded in the Iranian strikes, 8 of whom were transferred to the Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany and 3 to the Arifjan camp in Kuwait "for examination and follow-up."
At the time that these casualties were announced, the US Central Command acknowledged that casualties had become evident in the days after the Iranian attack. The Pentagon had initially said that it had not injured or killed any of the US forces in the strikes.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]