Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraqi PM under pressure from Shi'ite cleric: USA

chouchou
    chouchou

Iraqi PM under pressure from Shi'ite cleric: USA Empty Iraqi PM under pressure from Shi'ite cleric: USA

Post by chouchou Sat 21 Jun 2014, 4:53 am

Baghdad, 21 June: Iraq's Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki faces mounting pressure to form an inclusive government or step aside following the loss of large swaths of territory to Sunni militants, with both a top Shi'ite cleric and the White House strongly hinting he is in part to blame for the crisis.

The most respected voice for Iraq's Shi'ite majority yesterday joined calls for Mr al-Maliki to reach out to the Kurdish and Sunni minorities a day after President Barack Obama challenged him to create a leadership representative of all Iraqis.

Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani's thinly veiled reproach was the most influential to place blame on the Shi'ite prime minister for the nation's spiraling crisis, the most severe since US troops withdrew at the end of 2011.

Over the past two weeks, Iraq has lost a big chunk of the north to the Al Qaida-inspired Sunni militants of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), whose lightning offensive led to the capture of Mosul, the nation's second-largest city.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 18 Jun 2024, 5:58 pm