Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Welcome from the United Nations: The Al-Kazemi government faces an uphill battle and will support it

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Welcome from the United Nations: The Al-Kazemi government faces an uphill battle and will support it Empty Welcome from the United Nations: The Al-Kazemi government faces an uphill battle and will support it

Post by Rocky Thu 07 May 2020, 2:43 am

Welcome from the United Nations: The Al-Kazemi government faces an uphill battle and will support it

[ltr]2020.05.07 - 08:10[/ltr]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [size=20]Baghdad - people  
    The United Nations representative in Iraq, Jenin Blaskhart, welcomed, on Thursday, the confidence granted to Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, while urging the completion of the formation of the ministerial cabinet to quickly address the growing challenges.  
    "The Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, Mrs. Jenin Hennes-Blackshart, welcomes the granting of confidence by the House of Representatives to Prime Minister Mr. Mustafa Al-Kazemi and the majority of his cabinet, and urges the completion of the formation of the cab," the mission said in a statement, seen by "NAS" (7 May 2020). Ministerial so that the new government can move quickly to address the growing security, social, political, economic and health challenges. "  
    Blackshart said, "The government is facing an uphill battle and there is no time to spare, and facing the economic crisis exacerbated by the pandemic of Covid-19 and declining oil prices is a top priority," calling for "addressing other long-standing challenges without delay, which include Providing adequate public services, fighting corruption and promoting good governance, as well as justice and accountability.  
    Hennes-Blackshart reiterated that "the United Nations continues to support the Iraqi government in addressing these challenges."   
    Blackshart stressed, "The new Iraqi government must move forward to bring about tangible change. The challenges are many, and so are the opportunities," noting that "the United Nations is ready to help identify opportunities and address challenges, and work in partnership with the Iraqis to build a prosperous and stable future for their country."  

On Wednesday, the House of Representatives voted to give confidence to the government of Mustafa al-Kazimi, in a session that saw the presence of 258 deputies.  
    Parliament voted during its emergency session, which was followed by "Nass" (7 May 2020), on 14 ministers, while a group of candidates rejected and decided to resolve the file of the Ministries of Oil and Foreign Affairs.        
    The list of ministers who won the trust included:  
    Nabil Abdel-Sahib, Minister of Global Education and Scientific Research.      
    Jum'a stubbornness as Minister of Defense.      
    Lieutenant General Othman Al-Ghanmi, Minister of the Interior.      
    Khaled Battal, Minister of Planning.      
    Ali Abdul Amir Allawi, Minister of Finance.      
    Hassan Mohamed Abbas, Minister of Health.      
    Nazlin Muhammad, Minister of Housing and Reconstruction.      
    Majid Mahdi Ali, Minister of Electricity.      
    Nasser Hussein Bandar Hamad, Minister of Transport.      
    Adel Hashush, Minister of Labor.      
    Adel Hashush, Minister of Labor.      
    Manhal Aziz, Minister of Industry.      
    Adnan Darjal Mahdi Ali, Minister of Youth.      
    Arkan Shihab, Minister of Communications.      
    Mahdi Rashid Mahdi Jasim, Minister of Water Resources.      
    Ali Hamid Makhlaf, Minister of Education.      
    The House of Representatives did not obtain the approval of :  
    Nawar Nassif Jassim, Minister of Trade .  
    Hisham Saleh Dawood, Minister of Culture .  
    Thanaa Hikmat Nasser, Minister of Immigration and Displacement .  
    Ismail Abdul-Redha Al-Lami, Minister of Agriculture  
    Abdul Rahman Mustafa, Minister of Justice  
    The vote on candidates for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Oil was also postponed.      
    In his first comment after assuming the position of head of the Iraqi government, Al-Kazemi confirmed that he would work to restore the confidence of citizens.    
    "Today, the esteemed parliament has given confidence to my government, and I will work closely with the honorable ministerial team to win the trust and support of our people. My gratitude is to all of our support, and my hope is that all political forces come together to face the difficult challenges, sovereignty, security, stability, and prosperity of Iraq, our path," Al-Kazimi said in a brief post. .    

Al-Kazemi confirmed that his government will be a solution government, not a crisis government, while stressing that "the stage is difficult and the challenges are great."  
    Al-Kazimi said in a speech before the parliament during the voting session for his government after midnight Wednesday to Thursday (May 7, 2020) and "people" received a copy of it that he "will seek to support and understand the difficulties and overcome them to accomplish the tasks of the transitional phase." Indicating that he did not provide a large or extensive program to prevent any confusion regarding his intention to prolong the transitional period.  
    Word text:      
    "Honorable Speaker of Parliament ...      
    Ladies and gentlemen, members of the Council of Representatives,      
    Ladies and Gentelmen..      

I am honored to stand .. in front of the pulpit of the people .. and before the people's representatives in a difficult historical stage .. We face them together ... as Iraqi citizens .. whatever our locations and affiliations.      

It is a difficult stage .. The challenges that Iraq faces are great .. economically, security, health and social .. but it is not greater than our ability to address them .. We are together .. as original Iraqis from Basra to Kurdistan .. and from Najaf to Mosul .. are able to protect our country .. We together are able to assert national sovereignty .. and overcome the economic crisis .. and protect our people from health risks .. Iraq seeks to establish brotherhood relations and cooperation with the Arab brothers, neighbors, and the international community .. and Iraqi politicians in desperate need to listen to the voice of our people and youth throughout Home and to their legitimate demands.      
    This government came in response to a social, economic and political crisis.      
    To be a solution government ... not a crisis government.      

I was honored to commission me to form a government for a transitional period surrounded by crises that have been reproducing themselves and accumulating negatively since the overthrow of the authoritarian regime in 2003,      

I do not intend to distribute responsibilities for what we are in. What is important is the coherence of all our efforts and reliance on the vigilance of our people and their will to change to overcome the crisis that worsened during the past period.      

I will endeavor as much as I can and the support and understanding received for the difficulties and overcome them to accomplish the tasks of the transitional period as quickly as possible, if we together secure all the legal, material and political requirements.      

Therefore ... I will not allow myself to elaborate on a major government program that gives rise to the confusion that I am thinking of prolonging the transition in any way.      

From this standpoint, I have placed a primary task before my government, which is the true popular demands, which received the response from you, in preparation for the early elections.      

In order to pave the way for fair elections, the sovereignty of the state in all areas must be confirmed above all in accordance with the constitution, and in the foreground, restrict the arms to the state and its armed forces and to the command of the Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces, and not to turn the country into an arena to settle scores and prevent the use of Iraq to attack others.      

I have put the government program at your disposal, after taking into consideration the comments received from you.      

The tasks for the government include working to find the required resources as a priority to tackle the Corona epidemic and the cooperation and support required of the World Health Organization and relevant international bodies.      
    The government pledges to guarantee freedom of expression, protect peaceful protesters and their arenas, and cooperate with them to besiege all those who want to offend the integrity of the protest, and to prosecute those involved in the blood of Iraqis.      

The government will also make an exceptional effort to find resources to alleviate the citizens ’suffering from unemployment and a flagrant shortage in services, find resources that cover workers’ salaries and the state’s necessary requirements, and confront corruption firmly with all legal capabilities.      

The government will work to recover political life, find a framework that brings together all the forces, parties, professional organizations, demonstrators, trade unions, and the women's movement, and take care of the participation of those not represented in the government through consultative meetings that enhance the work of the government and enhance all forms of cooperation to clear the crises facing the country.      

My government will work to consolidate the relationship and cooperation between the federal government and the Kurdistan region in accordance with the constitution.       

Sisters and brothers      

I pledge to consult with you whenever I encounter difficulty or a problem, and if necessary, I will be before your esteemed council to put you in the form of the assistance and advice I need.      

The ministerial formation before you, I look forward to giving it confidence.      
    Thank you for your kind attention and support. "      

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [/size]

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 5:38 am