Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

4 posters

Iraq's treasury almost empty: Prime Minister

chouchou
    chouchou

Minister - Iraq's treasury almost empty: Prime Minister Empty Iraq's treasury almost empty: Prime Minister

Post by chouchou Tue May 19, 2020 7:30 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi said Tuesday he has assumed power as the country's treasury was almost empty.

"When I assumed responsibility I found only an almost empty treasury and an unenviable situation after 17 years of change," al-Kadhimi said in an article published by Baghdad Today newspaper.

"Our sovereignty continued to be deficient, violated and doubted," he said.

The Iraqi premier said the crisis engulfs all state institutions and impedes the country's economic revival.

"The past period did not see any [effort to] upgrade vital sectors as the industry, investment, food self-sufficiency and others," he said.

Al-Kadhimi called on all political blocs in the Iraqi parliament to support his new government by voting to approve candidates for vacant portfolios.

Earlier this month, the Iraqi parliament gave a vote of confidence to al-Kadhimi and his partial cabinet, to succeed the resigned government headed by Adel Abdul-Mahdi.

Iraq has been rocked by economic, political and security problems since the US invasion in 2003, the emergence of Daesh/ISIS terrorist group and rise of pro-Iran militias in the country.

Popular protests erupted across Iraq in October to demand better living conditions and fight deep-seated corruption, leaving at least 600 people dead, according to rights group Amnesty International.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    lesley.beter
    lesley.beter
    Dedicated Investor
    Dedicated Investor

Minister - Iraq's treasury almost empty: Prime Minister Empty Re: Iraq's treasury almost empty: Prime Minister

Post by lesley.beter Sat May 23, 2020 9:30 pm

Well lets hope you are all about change
    Lobo
    Lobo

Minister - Iraq's treasury almost empty: Prime Minister Empty Re: Iraq's treasury almost empty: Prime Minister

Post by Lobo Tue May 26, 2020 10:08 am

My cousin in Colorado, whose friend Mohammad, who is Kurdish and has a construction company in Iraq installing facades on the front of buildings and who also has a large engineering company in Colorado, knows the new Prime Minister personally, told my cousin that he is a good guy and an honest man.
    weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by weslin3 Tue May 26, 2020 10:25 am

Hopefully the Kurds will get along with him then.
    Lobo
    Lobo

Post by Lobo Tue May 26, 2020 10:28 am

From what I understand, they do like him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:36 am