Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iran continues to pressure Iraq to get US troops out

chouchou
    chouchou

Iran continues to pressure Iraq to get US troops out Empty Iran continues to pressure Iraq to get US troops out

Post by chouchou Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:33 am

Iranian media continues to highlight efforts by pro-Iranian members of Iraq’s parliament to get US troops to leave.

The latest salvo is from Fadhil Fatlawi, a member of the Fatah Alliance, the second largest party in parliament in Baghdad.

His boss, Hadi al-Amiri, recently left parliament under a cloud of questions about what Amiri’s next move is.

Amiri’s Badr Organization historically played a leading role in the Interior Ministry and also in the Popular Mobilization Units (PMU), a group of mostly Shi’ite militias.

Fars News in Iran says that Fatlawi spoke out about US-Iraq negotiations and that parliament will closely monitor these strategic discussions with the US.

He said that parliament was resolved to expel American troops.

These pro-Iranian parties in parliament have been pushing US troops to leave for years, and they upped their rhetoric after the US killed IRGC Quds Force head Qasem Soleimani and Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, deputy head of the PMU.

Muhandis was alleged to have ordered rocket attacks on US forces in Iraq.Fatlawi asserts that US forces should not be in Iraq during the strategic talks.

US CENTCOM chief Gen. Kenneth McKenzie said he hoped US forces would remain.

However, some Iraqis are serious about getting the US out.

Fatlawi also says it is time for Iraq to diversify arms purchased and stop relying on Washington.Iranian media coverage of the US-Iraq talks, which are taking place, is part of its overall goal to weaken the US posture in the region and to get America out of Iraq and Syria.

Meanwhile, Iran is building a mock-up of a US aircraft carrier to use it for target practice.

McKenzie asserted yesterday that while Iran is deterred, it is also the major threat in the region.

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/iran-continues-to-pressure-iraq-to-get-us-troops-out-631039

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:19 am