Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New Zealand Embassy in Iraq to permanently close

chouchou
    chouchou

New Zealand Embassy in Iraq to permanently close  Empty New Zealand Embassy in Iraq to permanently close

Post by chouchou Tue 16 Jun 2020, 3:38 am

Foreign Affairs Minister Winston Peters said the removal was not a reflection on New Zealand's relationship with Iraq.

"Although the embassy is closing, our strong commitment to the global fight against terrorism remains," Mr Peters said.

"New Zealand will continue to contribute its other lines of effort against ISIS, including through a small number of military roles in the coalition and the provision of stabilisation funding to Iraq."

"The embassy was opened in 2015 to support the New Zealand Defence Force military deployment to Iraq and, with the withdrawal of the majority NZDF troops from Taji earlier this year, the primary rationale for the embassy in Baghdad has been removed."

New Zealand finished its [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], ending its involvement with training that began in 2015. 

Cabinet signed off on the withdrawal in June last year, with Ms Ardern saying at the time, "when it comes to Iraq, it's time to go".

Four defence force personnel work at the coalition headquarters in Iraq and Kuwait, and there are five operational support roles based in Qatar. Those roles have been extended until June 2022.

The Embassy in Iraq will close at the end of this month.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 5:41 am