Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

US backs plan to connect GCC and Iraqi power grids

chouchou
    chouchou

US backs plan to connect GCC and Iraqi power grids  Empty US backs plan to connect GCC and Iraqi power grids

Post by chouchou Fri 17 Jul 2020, 11:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The United States on Thursday offered its support and assistance in implementing a plan to connect the power grids of GCC states and Iraq.

The US, GCC and Iraq "renewed their full support for the Gulf Cooperation Council Interconnection Authority (GCCIA) project", the State Department said, adding: "The United States is committed to facilitating this project and providing support where needed."

The project will provide much-needed electricity to the people of Iraq and support Iraq’s economic development, particularly in the southern provinces, the department said.

The GCCIA is a company set up jointly by the six GCC states in 2001 to manage the trade and integration of electricity supply among its members and the wider region.

Increased economic and energy co-operation between the US, Iraq, and the GCC countries would be a basis for peace, development and prosperity in the region, the State Department said.

The three parties also called for funds pledged at the Kuwait International Conference for the Reconstruction of Iraq in 2018 to be fulfilled quickly.

Iraq is struggling to rebuild its power infrastructure damaged by decades of wars, most recently against ISIS. Planned investment has been hit by heightened tensions between the US and Iran, Baghdad's main allies, and a plunge in the price of oil, which provides 90 per cent of state revenue.

The US grants periodic waivers of its sanctions on Iran to allow Iraq to import

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 6:45 am