Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraqi authorities issue an arrest warrant against the owner of the Dijlah channel

chouchou
    chouchou

Iraqi - Iraqi authorities issue an arrest warrant against the owner of the Dijlah channel Empty Iraqi authorities issue an arrest warrant against the owner of the Dijlah channel

Post by chouchou Mon 31 Aug 2020, 4:26 am

Shafaq News / Al-Rusafa Investigation Court in the capital Baghdad announced on Monday, that an arrest warrant had been issued against the owner of the Dijlah satellite television channel, after it broadcasted singing programs on the day of Ashura.

In a statement, the court said, "Based on a complaint filed by several lawyers with Al-Rusafa Investigation Court regarding deliberately insulting the rituals of one of the religious communities in Iraq, and according to the Article (372/1) of the Penal Code, the court decided to issue an arrest warrant against the owner of the Dijlah satellite television channel, Jamal Karbouli".

The statement added, "The court also decided to notify the Media and Communications Commission to take the legal and administrative measures within the authority's jurisdiction over the channel".

the channel had apologized for broadcasting its "Dijla Tarab" music programs on the day of Ashura, and said, "What happened was not intended", and decided to close the channel temporarily.

It is noteworthy that Dijlah channel is owned by the head of Al-Hal party, Jamal Karbouli.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 6:29 pm