Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

UN welcomes Kuwait's USD 10m contribution to displaced Iraqis

Bama Diva
    Bama Diva

UN welcomes Kuwait's USD 10m contribution to displaced Iraqis Empty UN welcomes Kuwait's USD 10m contribution to displaced Iraqis

Post by Bama Diva Wed 09 Jul 2014, 9:21 am

UN welcomes Kuwait's USD 10m contribution to displaced Iraqis
    09/07/2014   |   04:34 PM|Kuwait News
    UN welcomes Kuwait's USD 10m contribution to displaced Iraqis Text-size-minusUN welcomes Kuwait's USD 10m contribution to displaced Iraqis Text-size-plus
    By Ali Al-Herz

KUWAIT, July 9 (KUNA) -- The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) welcomed a total contribution from Kuwait worth USD 10 million for response efforts to the deteriorating humanitarian crisis in Iraq.

The latest upsurge in violence in Iraq has affected 1.5 million people. An estimated 1.2 million have been internally displaced since the beginning of 2014. People are in urgent need of water, food, shelter, healthcare, sanitation and protection from violence.

The bulk of the amount will be handed to UN humanitarian agencies and the International Organization for Migration (IOM), worth USD 9.5 million, while the remaining USD 500,000 has been allocated to the Kuwait Red Crescent Society and the International Islamic Charity Organisation.

The contribution was welcomed by the UN Undersecretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator, Valerie Amos, who said that it would help her office "scale up our efforts to provide aid to displaced families and host communities." For his part, Kuwait's Permanent Representative to the UN Jamal Al-Ghonaim said that the donation comes as part of the Kuwaiti government's directions in the global humanitarian sphere.

"It is to help nations face humanitarian challenges in the region and around the world .. and comes in implementation of a Cabinet decision to send urgent humanitarian aid to Iraqis displaced as a result of the deterioration of the security situation there," he said. (
    end) hrz.sd

http://www.kuna.net.kw/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=2386830&language=en

Current date/time is Wed 17 Jul 2024, 4:38 pm