[size=36]A parliamentary bloc warns of budget additives in recent hours[/size]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The National Approach bloc warned, on Saturday, of the materials added to the budget in the last hours.
The representative of the bloc, Mazen Al-Faily, said in a statement that Mawazine News received a copy of, that "the budget included a new article that was added in the last hours before the parliament voted on the 2021 budget, which is: (It authorizes the governors and the head of the Reconstruction Fund for Liberated Cities and Affected by Operations. (Terrorist, direct contracting authority of up to 5 billion dinars for a single project, as an exception to the contracting methods stipulated in the Instructions for Implementing Government Contracts No. 2 of 2014). We would like to explain some of the damages and problems that will result from the application of the additive: -
1- This article, which was added in the hours prior to the budget vote, will grant the governors and the head of the Liberated Provincial Reconstruction Fund the authority to accept the contract with the contractor and if he submits a project cost that exceeds his actual cost by more than 10% stipulated by the instructions for implementing government contracts, in other words that he will be referred Investment projects of the contractor and if the increase in the cost of the project demanded by the contractor reaches the actual value, even by 50% (twice the actual project amount). If the project requires actual completion of an amount of (2) billion dinars, this article allows the governors and the head of the Provincial Reconstruction Fund to refer the project to the contractor With a value of (5) billion dinars, with a difference equal to (3) billion from the actual value of the project, will these gaps and outlets for corruption achieve optimal development and investment for the governorates' allocations !!?
2. Contract implementation instructions require the contractor to submit the required initial insurance when submitting the bid for the tender and its validity period, and the new article added in the 2021 budget will give the governors and the head of the Liberated Provincial Reconstruction Fund the option and the freedom to drop this condition.
3. This added article in the budget gives authority to the governors and the head of the Liberated Provincial Reconstruction Fund to accept the bid from the contractor and contract with him even if his bids do not meet the conditions of the tender due to the exception mentioned in this added article.
4. This new article added to the budget allows contracting with a contractor or company that does not meet the legal requirements (the identity of the contractors' classification, the license to practice the profession, or even the certificate of incorporation).
5. This article allows governors and the head of the Liberated Provincial Reconstruction Fund to contract with a contractor or a contracting company, even if it is on the blacklist or suspended activities, lagging or violating previous contractual obligations, due to the exception from the instructions for implementing government contracts that stipulated not contracting with what we mentioned above.
6. The governmental contract instructions stipulated that (the contract may not be assigned in whole or in part to another contractor.) According to this exception which is included in the budget additive, it is possible to obtain intermediate and secondary (parasitic) contracts that do not implement the contract and not implement the project, but rather a contractor will contract with the governors or governors. The head of the Liberated Provincial Reconstruction Fund then assigns the contract to another contractor or company in exchange for a share of the value of the project even though he has not implemented anything on the ground.
7. Instructions for the implementation of government contracts included the following article (if the contract stipulates that the contractor must pay an initial advance, he must present an unconditional bank guarantee presented by a bank accredited in Iraq in the amount and currency of the initial advance) and since the additive material mentioned in the budget is excluded from working with these instructions, this means the possibility Paying an advance to the contractor, even if he does not commit to providing a bank guarantee !!
Al-Faily explained: "From the total of the foregoing and other caveats, we demand the abolition of this article and the return in the management of investment projects for the natural context through the instructions for the implementation of government contracts, especially with the absence of justifications for working with an exception in such contracts." Ended 29 / A 43