Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Parliamentary economy talks about cigarette taxes ... and makes a recommendation to the government a

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Parliamentary economy talks about cigarette taxes ... and makes a recommendation to the government a Empty Parliamentary economy talks about cigarette taxes ... and makes a recommendation to the government a

Post by Rocky Wed 28 Apr 2021, 8:19 am

Parliamentary economy talks about cigarette taxes ... and makes a recommendation to the government about ports

[ltr]2021.04.28 - 12:04[/ltr]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [size=16]l
    [/size] [size=16][size=16]1[/size][/size]
    Baghdad - People  
    On Wednesday, the Parliamentary Economic Committee ruled out imposing a 100% tax on cigarettes, while it recommended controlling border crossings to prevent smuggling.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  

Committee member Falah Al-Khafaji said in a statement to the official agency, followed by "People", (April 28, 2021), that "the issue of taxes and their imposition is of great benefit in terms of encouraging the local product," indicating that "there are materials that enter the country through smuggling, such as cigarettes that enter Through containers hidden in clothes. "

Al-Khafaji ruled out "imposing 100% taxes on cigarettes," noting that "if there were complete control over the borders, tax revenues would be positive for the Iraqi economy."

He added that "some materials, such as eggs, enter through smuggling, but do not incur taxes, and cars enter through the Kurdistan region and taxes are not paid for them either," noting that "imposing any new taxes will harm the simple citizen."

And that "the benefit of taxes belongs to the corrupt and smugglers who control the outlets, and the state does not benefit from it except in a small percentage," noting that "if the state were to benefit from those taxes by 30-40%, the revenues from the outlets would be enormous."
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 5:28 am