Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

3 posters

Kurdish leaders support Barham Salih for Iraqi presidency

lonelyintexas
    lonelyintexas
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Kurdish leaders support Barham Salih for Iraqi presidency Empty Kurdish leaders support Barham Salih for Iraqi presidency

Post by lonelyintexas Tue 15 Jul 2014, 5:19 pm

Kurdish leaders support Barham Salih for Iraqi presidency

Hemin Salih
    BasNews, Erbil
    -

The leaders of the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) and Gorran (Change Movement) have expressed their support the Deputy Secretary General of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) Barham Salih for the Iraqi Presidency Post and stand against Kirkuk Governor and Member of PUK Politic Bureau Najmadin Karim.
    -

According to a source from inside the KDP, that asked to remain anonymous, President Massoud Barzani supports Salih.
    -

A source close to Gorran stated that the Head of Gorran Nawshirwan Mustafa also supports Salih for that post.
    -

According to the source, Mustafa does not back Karim because of the governor’s apparent refusal to incorporate Kirkuk into the Kurdistan Region and has instead suggested that the disputed province ask for autonomy. According to Mustafa, by doing so, Karim is betraying his nation.
    -

The source also mentioned that Jalal Talabani’s wife Hero Ibrahim has agreed to support Salih for presidency as long as he resigns from his position in the PUK once he is elected as president.
    -

BasNews has been informed that during Salih’s latest visit to Iran, he assured Iranian officials that if elected he would take Iran’s role in Iraq into consideration in the same way that President Jalal Talabani did.
    -

Following President Barzani’s announcement that he would work towards Kurdish independence, all Kurdish parties supported the decision apart from a number of PUK leaders.
    -

Mustafa stated that any Kurd standing against Kurdish independence and hindering the re-assimilation of Kirkuk into the Kurdistan Region is betraying Kurdistan.
    -

Based on the information obtained by BasNews, Salih contacted Mustafa last week and the Gorran leader showed his support, by offering to open the door to Gorran if he were interested in joining the party.
    -

“The person running for Iraqi presidency should gain the confirmation of all Kurdish political parties,” said Gorran MP Kawa Mohammad to BasNews.
    -

Gorran MP Darbaz Mohammad stated that the person who will run for presidency of Iraq, must be suitable person for a position in which one represents the Kurds of Baghdad and could compromise the Kurdistan Region.
    -

In spite of Iran’s attempt to influence the PUK and Gorran against supporting Kurdish independence, political analysts have said that Gorran is not in fact influenced by neighboring Iran and their support of an independent Kurdistan has made them politically stronger.
    -

“Mustafa has played an important role in building Kurdish independence because he is making a name for himself by supporting a Kurdish nation that has struggled and strived for many decades to gain independence,” said political analyst Khalat Omar.
    -

“I believe that the unity of Kurds nowadays will make the history more beautiful and it will be more in the interest of Kurdish people,” added Omar.
    -

Journalist and Writer Asos Hardi spoke to BasNews and said that whoever helps Kurdish people to gain more unity is doing their duty as a Kurd.
    -

“Clashes between Kurdish political parties are normal, but it shouldn’t threaten the country’s interests. If it reaches that point, it will damage all Kurdish people,” said Hardi.
    -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I also saw in this article where Barzini supports Salih.  Interesting.
    Thanks
    LIT
    wciappetta
    wciappetta
    NNP TEAM
    NNP TEAM

Kurdish leaders support Barham Salih for Iraqi presidency Empty Re: Kurdish leaders support Barham Salih for Iraqi presidency

Post by wciappetta Tue 15 Jul 2014, 5:36 pm

I think everyone will support this guy

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. -Psalms 27:13-14
    duck2000
    duck2000
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Kurdish leaders support Barham Salih for Iraqi presidency Empty Re: Kurdish leaders support Barham Salih for Iraqi presidency

Post by duck2000 Tue 15 Jul 2014, 8:12 pm

there ya go ward couldnt think of dis name ! lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 21 Jun 2024, 1:17 pm