Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The United Nations: The Shangal Agreement has not been implemented and Kirkuk needs an agreement ..

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

The United Nations: The Shangal Agreement has not been implemented and Kirkuk needs an agreement ..  Empty The United Nations: The Shangal Agreement has not been implemented and Kirkuk needs an agreement ..

Post by Rocky Wed 12 May 2021, 7:51 am

[size=52]The United Nations: The Shangal Agreement has not been implemented and Kirkuk needs an agreement .. Baghdad-Erbil relationship requires strategic dialogue[/size]

[size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/size]
    [size=45]The representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, Jeanine Hennis Blasshardt, called on Tuesday evening to intensify the United Nations mediation to solve the outstanding problems between Erbil and Baghdad and implement the provisions of the federal budget law for 2021.[/size]
    [size=45]This came during a briefing by Plasschaert before the Security Council.[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] included  many important issues, including the upcoming Iraqi early elections, the Sinjar agreement (Sinjar), the Erbil-Baghdad relations, and the discussions on the status of Kirkuk, the budget, and others.[/size]
    [size=45]Regarding the relations she described as "vital" between Baghdad and Erbil, Blashart said, "We are still in the process of compromising solutions," noting "some sporadic successes in the form of one or two specific agreements, but we are still in dire need of long-term constitutional ways to move forward."[/size]
    [size=45]While noting that "the parties express their willingness to sit at the negotiating table, in the absence of a regular and organized institutional dialogue, sustainable progress will remain elusive."[/size]
    [size=45]And she continued, “An example of this: the budget includes a deal on revenue sharing between the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government, which was reached after lengthy negotiations, but - here again, evil lies in the details, as the vague wording opens the door to different interpretations and mutual accusations of non-compliance.”[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/size]
    [size=45]She added, “Now, this does not bode well for the future of relations between Baghdad and Erbil, and it is also worrying in the context of the upcoming elections; Differences can easily be used to inflate divisions.[/size]
    [size=45]Plasschaert praised the Kurdish position seeking to reach consensus and understanding with Baghdad, saying, “I hope that the Kurdish calls for intensifying UN mediation will bear fruit. But for that to happen, the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq needs the support of the federal authorities as well. ” Mustarda “One thing is clear, which is that the very important relationship between Baghdad and Erbil urgently requires a sustainable strategic dialogue as well as clear-cut implementation mechanisms. I must admit that my experiences so far are not optimistic in this regard.[/size]
    [size=45]Regarding Kirkuk, the UN representative said in her briefing, “I would like to point out that - two years ago - we have been facilitating dialogue between representatives of the Kirkuk components, but no agreement has been reached yet. I would like to take this opportunity to urge all concerned parties to exert their utmost efforts and conclude a fair agreement without further delay. The people of Kirkuk deserve to live in stable and prosperous conditions. ”[/size]
    [size=45]With regard to Shangal (Sinjar), Blashart said, “Representatives of the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government are engaged in discussions about the security provisions in the agreement that was reached last October. These provisions have yet to be implemented, hindering progress in administration and reconstruction. Here, too, there is a negative feeling due to the absence of institutional dialogue and the implementation mechanism between Baghdad and Erbil, which fuels misconceptions and mistrust.[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 8:52 am