Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Parliamentary Integrity: Some countries grant immunity to Iraqi money smugglers

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iraqi - Parliamentary Integrity: Some countries grant immunity to Iraqi money smugglers Empty Parliamentary Integrity: Some countries grant immunity to Iraqi money smugglers

Post by Rocky Mon 05 Jul 2021, 7:43 am

[size=45][size=41]Parliamentary Integrity: Some countries grant immunity to Iraqi money smugglers[/size]
     17 hours ago
    [/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Today, Sunday, the Parliament’s Integrity Committee confirmed that international agreements are ineffective in recovering smuggled funds from the country, and while noting that some countries grant smugglers immunity, she confirmed that removing Iraq’s name from the list of high-risk countries will open the door to international cooperation to recover funds. .
    Committee member Alia Nassif told the official agency, "There is a draft law prepared by the Presidency of the Republic entitled the Law to Recover Corruption Revenues, and it needs the cooperation of the international community with Iraq after adopting and implementing it."
    She added, "Removing the name of Iraq from the list of high-risk countries will allow it to take legal measures, and open the door to international cooperation to recover funds and stop smuggling operations from Iraq. The matter also depends on bilateral agreements with countries where smuggled Iraqi funds are located."
    And she stressed that "some countries consider Iraq's money as spoils and give the smugglers immunity and do not report the money smuggled to it," noting that "Iraq is bound by the United Nations Convention against Corruption, but it is ineffective."
    And last Wednesday, Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, during his visit to Brussels, called on the European Union to form a coordination committee to remove the name of Iraq from the high-risk countries that would support the government’s efforts to fight corruption and recover and prosecute smuggled funds in European countries.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

chouchou likes this post

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 4:49 pm