Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The Bar Association sends a letter to the conference to recover Iraq's looted funds

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

The Bar Association sends a letter to the conference to recover Iraq's looted funds Empty The Bar Association sends a letter to the conference to recover Iraq's looted funds

Post by Rocky Wed 15 Sep 2021, 8:27 am

[size=45][size=41]The Bar Association sends a letter to the conference to recover Iraq's looted funds[/size][/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Al Noor News/ Baghdad
    On Tuesday, the Iraqi Bar Association sent a letter to the Conference for the Recovery of Iraq's Stolen Funds, stressing the issue of "No to Impunity".
    The syndicate’s message, a copy of which was received by Al-Nour News, stated, “I take the opportunity of your conference to address you on behalf of the thousands of Iraqi lawyers who are affiliated with the Iraqi Bar Association regarding the recovery of Iraq’s looted money, and I find it an opportunity to confirm the union’s initial position on this legal and human rights issue at the same time.” .
    The head of the Iraqi Lawyers Syndicate, Diaa Al-Saadi, said, “Not a day passes in Iraq without hearing about the scale of thefts and rampant corruption, and about the need to recover Iraq’s looted and smuggled money out of Iraq with the aim of using it in the reconstruction of Iraq and lifting it out of the clutches of the poor living situation that it has reached, which was the reason The president in the outbreak of the massive protests movement in October 2019, which led to the change of the ministry and the establishment of a new government.”
    And she continued, "Perhaps what the participants in the glorious October uprising aspire to, is to put an end to corruption, to kill demonstrators, and to hold those responsible to account."
    She added, “With the President of the Republic, Dr. Barham Salih, announcing the draft (law to recover the proceeds of corruption) and submitting it to Parliament, and seeking to recover about (150) billion dollars that have been smuggled out of Iraq since 2003, which is a preliminary report, while there are estimates of more than That much.”
    However, in her letter, he added, "However, there are legal and political obstacles that prevent this, including the lack of a unified political will, as well as the fear of harassment by some influential parties and their armed arms, which made many citizens consider that the purpose of the law is for propaganda and political consumption." Not only".
    And she indicated that "the matter requires an accurate information base, the use of financial auditing companies and international courts, while strengthening the government's demand for evidence and concluding bilateral agreements with some countries to extradite the accused, in accordance with legal and judicial conditions and international treaties."
    He pointed out that "there is another type of corruption and smuggling of money abroad, represented in government contracts and contracting, and bribery and forgery that accompanied them."
    And he added, "If the Iraqi government proceeds to obtain judicial decisions in the courts, then it can put pressure on foreign countries that pay lip service to banking secrecy, which requires the help of the international community to reveal documents and information, whether related to money laundering, smuggling or illegal trade." He indicated, "It is also possible to seek assistance from the International Police (Interpol), and this includes dual nationals."
    He said, "Your conference is an appropriate opportunity to discuss this vital issue affecting the future of Iraq, towards achieving justice, protecting the conditions of Iraq and its people, and applying the principle of non-impunity."
    And he said in the letter, “I salute your conference on behalf of all Iraqi lawyers and on behalf of everyone who wishes to put an end to this dangerous phenomenon that has led to more bleeding in the Iraqi economy and weakened confidence in the state, with our great hope that your decisions will be at the level of moral, legal and humanitarian responsibility, and I salute all Participants in the conference with warmth and pride.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 2:39 pm