Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Dollar rises on anticipation of US jobs data

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Dollar rises on anticipation of US jobs data Empty Dollar rises on anticipation of US jobs data

Post by Rocky Fri 08 Oct 2021, 7:05 am

Dollar rises on anticipation of US jobs data

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The dollar rose against the major currencies, but within a narrow range, as traders awaited the monthly jobs report for clues on the pace of the return of the policies of the Federal Reserve (the US central bank) to normal.
    The dollar index, which measures the performance of the US currency against a basket of six other major currencies, rose 0.1 percent to 94.278, close to last week's peak of 94.504.
    The dollar rose 0.26 percent to 111.91 yen, touching 111.93, the highest level this month, supported by a rise in Treasury yields, with the benchmark 10-year bond hitting 1.6010 percent for the first time since June 4.
    The euro consolidated around $1.1550 after falling on Wednesday to a 14-month low of $1.1529.
    The Fed said it is likely to start reducing its monthly bond purchases in November and may continue to raise interest rates next year, as the US central bank's shift away from policies to confront the Corona pandemic gathers momentum.
    A Reuters poll expected Friday's non-farm payrolls data to show continued improvement in the labor market, with expectations of adding 500,000 jobs in September, although estimates ranged between 250 thousand and 700 thousand jobs.
    On the other hand, the Australian dollar fell 0.22 percent to $0.7297, after rising 0.55 percent on Thursday. And earlier touched $0.7324 for the second day in a row, its strongest performance since Sept. 16.
    And the British pound fell 0.1 percent to 1.3600 dollars, retaining most of its gains made yesterday, amounting to 0.26 percent.
    The Canadian dollar was little changed and settled at 1.25515 per dollar, after hitting its highest level in a month at 1.2534 Canadian dollars earlier, due to the rise in oil prices.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 1:05 pm