Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Thus Mubarak tried to spare Iraq the scourge of war!

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Thus Mubarak tried to spare Iraq the scourge of war! Empty Thus Mubarak tried to spare Iraq the scourge of war!

Post by Rocky Sat 27 Nov 2021, 6:44 am

[size=52]Thus Mubarak tried to spare Iraq the scourge of war![/size]

[size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/size]

In the last episode of the Political Memory series, the former Iraqi ambassador to Egypt, Nabil Negm, reveals the scenes of his meetings with the late Egyptian President Mohamed Hosni Mubarak, who tried, without success, to spare Iraq the scourge of war, and to find a peaceful solution to the withdrawal from Kuwait in 1991.
    [size=45]To this, Najm said, "Mubarak was alerting Saddam to the danger of the occupation of Kuwait and its consequences, while Iraq was justifying the reasons for the invasion."[/size]

[size=45]He also confirmed that contacts between Cairo and Baghdad did not stop, after he left Egypt in 1991, and that he returned to Cairo two months after the liberation of Kuwait.[/size]
    [size=45]Ambassador Najm touched on the stage after the fall of the regime and the trial of Saddam Hussein, saying, "Saddam knew in advance that his head was wanted, and therefore he asked the judges to hold him solely responsible for everything that happened in Iraq."[/size]
    [size=45]It is reported that Nabil Negm's house was searched in May 2003 and brought to the investigation, but he was soon released as there were no suspicions against him.[/size]
    [size=45]In response to the American officer's questions, Najm warned of the consequences of dissolving the Iraqi army and the decision to de-Baathification and the chaos that resulted from them, and how Iran exploited this to expand in Iraq.[/size]
    [size=45]At that point, the American officer was impressed by Najm's words and invited him again to attend to repeat what he had said in front of a higher group of American officers.[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024, 9:55 pm