Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

A new "Turkish attack" on northern Iraq .. backed by marches and attack helicopters!!

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iraq - A new "Turkish attack" on northern Iraq .. backed by marches and attack helicopters!! Empty A new "Turkish attack" on northern Iraq .. backed by marches and attack helicopters!!

Post by Rocky Mon 18 Apr 2022, 5:44 am

[size=32]A new "Turkish attack" on northern Iraq .. backed by marches and attack helicopters!![/size]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Monday, April 18, 2022 at 12:22 pm (67 views)
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]FacebookTwitterGoogle plusLinkedinEmail

Baghdad/Sky Press

Turkey launched a new air and ground attack against Kurdish fighters in northern Iraq, Defense Minister Hulusi Akar announced today.

He said that commando units and special forces backed by marches and attack helicopters are participating in Operation "Lock Claw" bombing PKK positions in the areas of Matina, Zab and Afshin-Basyan in northern Iraq.

The PKK, which Ankara and its Western allies classify as a "terrorist" organization, has been waging an insurgency against the Turkish state since 1984.

Turkey usually carries out attacks in Iraq, where the PKK has bases and training camps in the Sinjar region and in the mountainous regions of the Iraqi Kurdistan region bordering Turkey.

"Our heroic pilots succeeded in hitting targets such as hideouts, caves, tunnels, ammunition depots and the so-called headquarters of the terrorist organization," Akar said.

He did not announce the number of soldiers participating in the operation, which he said began on Sunday night.

The Ministry of Defense stated that the operation began after information was reported that the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) was planning to launch a large-scale attack against Turkey.

The latest operation comes after the "Tiger Claw" and "Eagle Claw" operations launched by the Turkish army in northern Iraq in 2020.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 4:01 am