Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The Washington Post: Iraq's energy systems are collapsing, the hottest among the countries

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Iraq - The Washington Post: Iraq's energy systems are collapsing, the hottest among the countries Empty The Washington Post: Iraq's energy systems are collapsing, the hottest among the countries

Post by Rocky Mon 08 Aug 2022, 7:56 am

[size=38]The Washington Post: Iraq's energy systems are collapsing, the hottest among the countries[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Baghdad / Obelisk: The Washington Post, 08/08/2022, said that extreme temperatures are causing paralysis in Iraq, as the Iraqi government extends public holidays to protect employees from temperatures.
    A report translated by the Obelisk stated that Iraq ranks fifth in the list of countries most vulnerable to the effects of climate change, and is warming faster than most parts of the world.
    And in the governorates of Basra, Dhi Qar and Maysan, the authorities said that the electricity network was cut off for the second day in a row, which led to the flooding of millions of homes in the dark, in addition to food spoilage in refrigerators, and parents put their children in the car and drove the car for hours. The air conditioning in their cars was the The only way to keep cool.
    On the streets of Baghdad, young boys were distributing water from ice boxes, shielding their faces from the sun with wet scarves.
    The veteran traffic police said their work was getting tougher.
    With government power systems faltering across Iraq, sites ranging from state ministries to family homes rely on privately run backup generators and an army of operators working in hot, dark trailers around the clock to keep them going, according to the newspaper.
    In the Zafaraniya neighborhood south of Baghdad, Abdul-Khadem, 49, can hardly hear his voice over the roar of his birth: Me and 40 million other Iraqis are melting.
    In the summer months, Baghdad's heat only subsides when a dust storm rolls in, covering the city with particles of sand and wind-softened earth as Baghdad's green belt dries up.
    Iraq's combination of rising temperatures and water shortages caused by climate change, mismanagement and reduced flows from the top have caused disruptions in the past. in the south.
    Circumstances have forced families to migrate from their farmland to the cities, where tensions are rising with longtime residents amid dwindling resources.
    The newspaper pointed out that all over Iraq, small demonstrations are taking place every week denouncing the poor services in the face of the intense heat.
    In the Iraqi marshes, a banner for protesters last month expressed misery.
    The letter stated: If you ask me about a case, I will tell you: drought, poverty, forced migration and violence.
    Translated by Muhammad Al-Khafaji 
    Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 6:28 am