Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

A foreign report reveals Iraqis' resentment over the continuation of the demonstrations and fear of

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

A foreign report reveals Iraqis' resentment over the continuation of the demonstrations and fear of  Empty A foreign report reveals Iraqis' resentment over the continuation of the demonstrations and fear of

Post by Rocky Tue 16 Aug 2022, 7:20 am

[size=38]A foreign report reveals Iraqis' resentment over the continuation of the demonstrations and fear of an economic collapse[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Baghdad/The Obelisk The obelisk publishes a report in the international press that reflects the world media's view of what is happening in Iraq:
    Two rival Shiite blocs have set up rival sit-ins in Baghdad, escalating tensions in a conflict-ravaged Iraq, but shop owner Mustafa says he is more concerned about how to make a living.
    We have no work, said the man in his forties, while a lone fan was blowing hot summer air around his clothing store.
    Political deadlock left Iraq without a new government, president or prime minister after general elections 10 months ago.
    Supporters of Muqtada al-Sadr stormed the Iraqi parliament late last month and began a sit-in, first inside the building and then on its land.
    The Sadrists are calling for early elections.
    The framework says that it wants a new government as soon as possible, and supporters of the framework began their sit-in last Friday to press for this demand.
    Supporters of the framework set up tents on the road to the Green Zone, which houses government and diplomatic buildings, including the parliament.
    "We didn't even manage to cross the bridge leading to the Green Zone," said communist activist Ali Jaber, 50, recalling the 2019 protests.
    Analyst Laheeb Hegel of the International Crisis Group said the protests "are not so much a popular revolution as elite fighting, with al-Sadr and his political backers essentially pitting against his Shiite opponents".
    She said that the confrontation "revealed once again the fragility of the political system in Iraq after 2003."
    "While the oligarchic elites have gathered after each previous election to distribute rations of the government's pie, it appears that they can no longer do so," she said.
    Mustafa, whose shop is located about 5 kilometers from the area, said his customers had stopped coming.
    He said both camps had begun to protest, and "economic activity had taken a hit".
    "Since 2003, no politician has properly governed the country," Mustafa continued.
    Mustafa said: I voted twice in my life, and both times I regretted it.
    Ahmed, 23, said he was a supporter of al-Sadr, but he does not follow politics much, adding, "Today without electricity, we have to sleep with blocks of ice." In Parliament there are no blackouts.”
    Iraq has suffered from decades of conflict, endemic corruption, deteriorating infrastructure, power outages and deteriorating public services.
    Iraq is facing a water shortage as drought sweeps large areas of the country.
    Despite his oil wealth, many Iraqis live in poverty, and about 35% of its youth are unemployed, according to the United Nations.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 3:56 am