Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Displaced Arabs prefer to stay in Kurdistan Region rather than return to their areas

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Displaced Arabs prefer to stay in Kurdistan Region rather than return to their areas Empty Displaced Arabs prefer to stay in Kurdistan Region rather than return to their areas

Post by Rocky Sat 24 Sep 2022, 5:29 am

POSTED ON[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]Displaced Arabs prefer to stay in Kurdistan Region rather than return to their areas[/size]

[size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/size]
    The Iraqi government has been working for two years to return the displaced Arabs in the camps of the Kurdistan region to their areas, but some of these displaced people refuse to leave the Kurdistan region and return to their places of origin.

After ISIS took control of Mosul, a large number of the province's residents went to the Kurdistan Region and are still residing there. According to them, their areas are not suitable for their return in terms of security and religious and ethnic conflict.

Sulaymaniyah governorate contains about 5,000 displaced families, including families who do not want to return and say that the amount allocated by the government to them is not enough to repair their homes.

Abu Ali, from Salah al-Din Governorate, told Rudaw Media Network: “We live here in tents, this is better for us than returning to problems,” adding: “I am not an employee and I do not have a monthly salary, so I cannot go back now, if I return I must take this tent with me.” I don't live in it."

As for Shams Rabban, who is from Nineveh Governorate, he said, “We cannot return to our area because it is closed for security reasons. Our area is a border area called Khasraj, and it is closed with earth mounds.”

Hundreds of Iraqi families have migrated to the Kurdistan Region, and each one of them has a reason to stay.

Latif Saleh, another resident of Salah al-Din Governorate, told Rudaw that “each family here gets two million dinars only to rebuild their house, and this is a very small amount. There are people who have the ability to return, but I cannot go back.”

For his part, the director of the Sulaymaniyah camps, Ali Al-Haj Fattah, told Rudaw Media Network that "the Kurdistan Region has told the displaced people that they are free, whether they want to return or stay, to leave the camps to work or stay in them, and that all requirements have been provided for them."

There are five thousand displaced families in Sulaymaniyah governorate, distributed as follows:

Barika camp 2296 families

Ashti camp 1772 families

Arbat camp 282 families

Tazdi camp (Garmian) 174 families

Qourtou camp (Karmian) 102 families
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 11:01 am