Tehran considers the bombing of Kurdistan Region "within the legal frameworks"
Shafaq News/ The Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs saw today, Monday, that the eight-day-old bombing of northern Erbil in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq comes "within the legal frameworks."
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Nasser Kanaani said in a press conference that his country "refuses Iraq to be a base for a threat to Iran's national security," stressing that "we have already sent warnings to Iraq about the presence of separatist terrorist cells on our borders."
He added, "We told officials in Baghdad and the Kurdistan Region that we refuse to turn the Iraqi lands into a threat to Iranian security," noting that "all the measures we took were within the legal framework."
The spokesman stressed that his country "respects the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Iraq."
And today, Monday, the Iranian bombardment renewed, for the eighth consecutive day, targeting the Seidkan district in the independent Soran administration, Erbil.
A local source in Erbil told Shafaq News Agency, "The Iranian bombing targeted the Horni area within the district," noting that "it did not cause any human damage."
On September 26, the Kurdistan Region Counter-Terrorism Service announced that the Iranian Revolutionary Guard launched a four-stage missile attack on the region, leaving "13 martyrs and 58 wounded."
After the bombing, the commander of the ground forces of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards, Brigadier General Muhammad Bakpour, announced that 73 ballistic missiles had been launched at the headquarters of the opposition Kurdistan Freedom Party, in the Kurdistan Region.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]