Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

President Latif Rashid.. Will the irrigation engineer succeed in organizing the course of the Iraqi

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

President Latif Rashid.. Will the irrigation engineer succeed in organizing the course of the Iraqi  Empty President Latif Rashid.. Will the irrigation engineer succeed in organizing the course of the Iraqi

Post by Rocky Sun 23 Oct 2022, 5:10 am

POSTED ON[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]President Latif Rashid.. Will the irrigation engineer succeed in organizing the course of the Iraqi constitution river[/size]

[size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Maad Fayyad

The problem of the presidents of the Republic of Iraq is comparing them to the personality and style of work of Jalal Talabani, the first president of the Kurdish Republic in the history of Iraq, who was unanimously elected for two terms after 2003, this politician who took the risk and accepted the responsibility after the last president of the republic, Saddam Hussein, who was the subject of controversy in the world for more Thirty-five years ago, (Talabani) was able, with his wisdom, to change the image of the pattern of the president and be close to the Iraqi people without provoking any crises. On the contrary, he was the solver of crises and the solvent of their ice.

But the matter may differ with the fourth Kurdish president of the Republic of Iraq, Latif Rashid, who strongly supported his candidacy President Massoud Barzani, the leader of the Kurdistan Democratic Party, because of his knowledge of his history and his calm, non-controversial personality, and the fact that he was the closest to Talabani, partisanly, politically and familially. He was the closest to his mentor, Talabani, taking into account personal differences.

Rashid was born in Sulaymaniyah in 1944, and obtained a doctorate in irrigation systems engineering from the University of Manchester in England, in 1976. His political career began in the sixties of the last century, when he joined the Kurdistan Democratic Party, founded by Mullah Mustafa Barzani, and became an active member and then a leader. In the Kurdish Student Association in Europe, before he split from the party following the footsteps of his teacher, Talabani, and participated in the meetings and meetings for the formation of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, and joined it after its formation, and was chosen to be the party’s delegate in Britain and its representative in a number of European countries.

I met Latif Rashid at the end of the nineties in London, where Fuad Masum was a representative of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, while Rashid was active in the party’s relations and attending conferences and seminars held in England and Northern Ireland on the Iraqi situation, in addition to the discussions that were held in the British Parliament building to discuss The situation in Iraq in general and the Kurds in particular, and the last conference of the Iraqi opposition, before the change of the Iraqi regime, during which Rashid was active, was the London conference, which was held in December 2002 at the Metropolitan Hotel on Edgar Road Street in the center of the British capital.

Throughout the years of his political career, before and after the regime change, Rashid was known for his calmness, accuracy of organization, and skill in solving problems and crises, and he was not impulsive or provocative to others, whether in his actions or statements, so he did not intend to be in the forefront of events in terms of place, even if he was influential in what It happens, and he was working alongside his party leader, Talabani, and not in his shadow area, and in the majority of the meetings that Maam Jalal brought me together, which Rashid attended, the former president and founder of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan depended on him in many tasks that needed a calm person and took his advice, and in In a meeting that brought us together in the Dukan resort, I asked Mam Jalal if he was dealing with Rashid as a member of his family. He replied, “Lateef Rashid is a leading member of the National Union. Rather, he is one of the founders of the party, and I rely on him for difficult tasks, whether external or internal, and they require Someone solves it, not complicates it, as some do.”
    Rashid, too, was known for his avoidance of media appearances and his making statements that might bring him into the corridors of which he is indispensable, and throughout his work during the years of opposition to the former regime, and despite his well-known activity at the time, he avoided the media, and I, like most of the journalists, obtained His words are difficult.

During the years of his political activity, Latif Rashid did not depend financially on his party, but worked, by virtue of his academic degrees in irrigation engineering as a consultant and with Western companies, and conducted research and field work related to the study, design and supervision of the irrigation and development project in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the years 1976 to 1979, and worked In Somalia in the northern pasture development project to conduct a survey and evaluation of the project, from 1979 until 1981, and he served as the director of the International Food and Agriculture Organization of the Tuban Valley, which is located in southern Yemen and funded by the World Bank and the Kuwait Fund, for the years 1981 and 1982, and served as a resident engineer The International Food and Agriculture Organization of the Jizan Valley Dam and Irrigation Network in Saudi Arabia, and the Director of the International Food and Agriculture Organization and the Jizan Valley Development Project for the years 1983 and 1986.
    Based on his experience in hydraulics and water dams, his first position after the regime change was the Minister of Water Resources.

When I visited the Ministry of Water Resources to conduct the first press interview with him about the conditions of dams and water reservoirs in Iraq and what they need in terms of maintenance and reconstruction, it is no wonder that I found that his information is accurate about dams and water resources. This is his academic and practical specialization, and his plans included projects to preserve water wealth and open channels Dialogue with upstream countries, Turkey, Iran and Syria, through which the Euphrates River passes, and programs to preserve the marshes. Other than this, I was impressed by what he presented to the ministry, as it was the first in Iraq, and perhaps the last, that includes an integrated health center and also includes a dental department and provides its services free of charge to all employees, in addition to the establishment of a nursery and a kindergarten for employees’ children so that they are not preoccupied with this issue during their work. He could have continued his mission in the Ministry of Water Resources to complete his plans, especially since he planned and implemented major projects outside Iraq, as mentioned above, had it not been for the quotas that took him from his specialization to be, and since 2010, the senior advisor to the President of the Republic.

The President of the Republic of Iraq is considered the highest administrative position in the governmental structure of the Iraqi state, according to the constitution, which states in its 67th article that: “The head of state and the symbol of the nation’s unity, represents the sovereignty of the country, and ensures adherence to the constitution and the preservation of Iraq’s independence and sovereignty. unity, and territorial integrity.” The Iraqis are expecting from the president of their republic, at this stage mined by security and economic crises that threaten the security and unity of the country, a lot to preserve the safety of Iraq and the Iraqis, and the irrigation engineer may succeed in organizing the course of the Iraqi constitution river.
    Disclaimer: All published articles represent the opinion of its authors only[/size]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 29 Feb 2024, 6:08 pm