[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
June 11, 2023[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Baghdad / Obelisk Al-Hadath: Prime Minister Muhammad Shia' al-Sudani presided over the twenty-fourth regular session of the Council of Ministers, during which they reviewed the general issues and conditions in the country, and dealt with the most prominent files in various fields, as well as deliberating on the issues on the agenda and taking decisions in their regard.
And based on the directives of the Prime Minister to empower and support youth in various fields, including the economic aspect, the Cabinet approved the following:
1. Applications for establishing start-up companies (through a group of engineers in addition to a financial and legal accountant) are submitted to the Companies Registration Department affiliated to the Ministry of Commerce, based on the provisions of Articles (17-22) of the Companies Law No. (21) of 1997 as amended and Article (8) / First) From the instructions of the formations and tasks of the Ministry of Commerce No. (2) of 2014.
2. The ministry or the governorate provides technical support to startup companies through a specialized engineer, who supervises and assists young people during their work, for a period of two years, provided that the secondment of the employee is outside the staffing of the government entity with his written approval and by a decision of the Council of Ministers, based on the provisions of Article (38) of Civil Service Law No. (24) for the year 1960, provided that the borrowing entity bears his salary based on the provisions of Paragraph (5) of the Civil Service Instructions No. (11) for the year 1960.
3. Counting all fees (registration and capital fees, etc.) for startups as a government debt that is duly waived in accordance with Article (46) of the Federal Financial Management Law (6 of 2019) and Cabinet Resolution (28 of 2020).
4. Granting the startup company contracting works up to one billion dinars, without bidding (at the rate of one work every six months), as an exception to the instructions for implementing government contracts (2 of 2014) and the instructions for classifying contracting companies and contractors, and blacklisting No. (1) for the year 2015, Provided that its performance is monitored and assisted.
5. Support for startups lasts for two years.
6. One start-up company will be established in each governorate as an experiment, except for the capital, Baghdad (4) companies, two companies in Basra governorate, and two companies in Nineveh and Sinjar district.
In the file of higher education, and with the aim of organizing the process of creating private universities, the Council of Ministers approved the recommendations of the joint meeting on the issue of studying the creation of universities held in the Prime Minister’s office on May 29, 2023; It included:
1. Approval of the recommendations set forth in the letter of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research on May 3, 2023, so that the procedures for establishing private universities will be according to the submitted study, according to the following:
a. Approval of studies at the level of primary university education, governmental and private.
B. The creation of private universities is conditional on twinning with solid foreign universities listed in the scholarship guide at the level of programs and curricula in all governorates, or creating a branch for a solid foreign university listed in the scholarship guide and in accordance with the approved standards and the conditions and controls of the Ministry, provided that the required twinning is implemented by universities that submit applications for creation According to it, within a period not exceeding two years, otherwise the admission to the college or department within the university that fails to achieve this will be suspended.
c. The selection of sites and majors for public and private universities shall be in accordance with the vision of the Ministry of Higher Education and Planning.
Dr.. The ministries and all relevant authorities provide the lands and the necessary allocations for public universities.
2. Approval of the measures to be taken by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research through the Higher Ministerial Committee formed pursuant to Ministerial Order (536) on May 16, 2023, which is in charge of supervising the creation of private universities and colleges, and the formation of field inspection committees to check the status of material and human requirements, and audit records. Absorption capacity committees and approval.
3. Amending the Private University Education Law No. (25) of 2016 to reduce weaknesses, lack of clarity, and overlap in some of its articles and clauses, including defining the relationship with the investor (or the owner of lands, buildings, and resources) to manage the financial and material side only and not to interfere in the scientific and academic side. Absolutely, and specifying this clearly, otherwise the admission to the university / college will be suspended.
And within the framework of government support for artists and intellectuals, the Council of Ministers decided to write off the amount of the financial advance granted to the theater artist, Dr. (Khaled Ahmed Mustafa) for the purpose of treatment outside Iraq, which was disbursed by the Ministry of Health; Based on the relevant applicable laws.
In honor of the athletes and their achievements, the Council agreed to donate (25) saloon vehicles (Nissan Sunny) of the year 2023, from the Ministry of Youth and Sports to members of the Iraqi football team, and five vehicles to the Iraqi Football Association, on the occasion of their winning the first place in the World Cup (Gulf 25) for football, which was held in Basra Governorate, according to the laws in force, and as an exception to the provisions of the instructions for implementing the federal general budget.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]