Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

+16
Toe
day dreamer
chouchou
fireman409
just_al
mollie09
sassy
country70girl
Zuzu
GWT54
kingsranch
zimi31
MsLynn77
jbowhunter
notazbad2000
Rocky
20 posters

Parliament approved the budget 2013 and raises its majority to the 19 of March

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Parliament approved the budget 2013 and raises its majority to the 19 of March  - Page 4 Empty Parliament approved the budget 2013 and raises its majority to the 19 of March

Post by Rocky Thu 07 Mar 2013, 7:03 am

First topic message reminder :

Parliament approved the budget 2013 and raises its majority to the 19 of March

Term Press / Baghdad

Parliament approved the budget 2013 and raises its majority to the 19 of March.

Follow ..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Parliament approved the budget 2013 and raises its majority to the 19 of March  - Page 4 Empty Re: Parliament approved the budget 2013 and raises its majority to the 19 of March

Post by Neno Thu 07 Mar 2013, 4:58 pm

csd9013 wrote:If sanctions were breached when Iraq flew into Kuwait, why the need for a vote?

Part of it and has to be done and, publicly..
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Parliament approved the budget 2013 and raises its majority to the 19 of March  - Page 4 Empty Re: Parliament approved the budget 2013 and raises its majority to the 19 of March

Post by Neno Thu 07 Mar 2013, 5:00 pm

Zuzu wrote:

They are still under Ch 7 until the UNSC votes to remove them. Kuwait, thru the UNSC put sanctions on Kuwait. By breaching, Kuwait can no longer say, "yep, we still want them under Ch 7!" Taking away any argument to keep them under it. Now the UNSC still wants the borders done, but Iraq & Kuwait are almost done with that. My opinion is that they won't vote on removal of Ch 7 until the borders are completed.
    Darn good answer and that is my speculations too... ;)

OS: And btw, budget means nothing to me. Never has in the past so why now... ;)
    mochasmom
    mochasmom
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by mochasmom Thu 07 Mar 2013, 6:09 pm

Wasn't passing the budget one of those 18 requirements established by some body, I forgot who. Been so long...but I do remember there was a laundry list to items
    csd9013
    csd9013

Post by csd9013 Thu 07 Mar 2013, 6:22 pm

Another question about the vote. So Kuwait can't try to keep them under ch 7 anymore but what is stopping the other countries from voting to keep them under sanctions? Or does the UN tell them how to vote?

Zuzu wrote:

They are still under Ch 7 until the UNSC votes to remove them. Kuwait, thru the UNSC put sanctions on Kuwait. By breaching, Kuwait can no longer say, "yep, we still want them under Ch 7!" Taking away any argument to keep them under it. Now the UNSC still wants the borders done, but Iraq & Kuwait are almost done with that. My opinion is that they won't vote on removal of Ch 7 until the borders are completed.
    Zuzu
    Zuzu
    Cain't Let Go Investor
    Cain't Let Go Investor

Post by Zuzu Fri 08 Mar 2013, 8:55 am

csd9013 wrote:Another question about the vote. So Kuwait can't try to keep them under ch 7 anymore but what is stopping the other countries from voting to keep them under sanctions? Or does the UN tell them how to vote?

IMO "Other" countries (I believe the U.S.) have been trying and have been successful in keep Iraq under Ch 7. Obama wants his taxes on the rich (all of us after the dinar RV's). He's spent the past few years trying to do just that. He just got taxes on the rich at the end of Dec, but he still wants more. I think if he had the option, he'd continue down his path (keeping Iraq under Ch 7) until he got the maximum amount he could possibly get before he lets Iraq out. However, if Iraq fulfills all of the Ch 7 obligations, the UNSC can't possibly keep them under. They have no grounds to do so. I also think that since Iraq & Kuwait both breached Ch 7, it forced the fast forward movement we're seeing now. The UNSC knows that they can't use Kuwait as the excuse to keep them under Ch 7 anymore because there are no more issues. It was actually a brilliant move on their part.

weslin3
    weslin3
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by weslin3 Fri 08 Mar 2013, 10:37 am

Makes sense Zuzu on that thought and the taxes. But now maybe nothing
    can stop Iraq from getting out of 7.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 2:00 am