Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

They do not tell anyone... Iraqis tolerate the violence of their wives in “silence” for fear of “sha

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

They do not tell anyone... Iraqis tolerate the violence of their wives in “silence” for fear of “sha Empty They do not tell anyone... Iraqis tolerate the violence of their wives in “silence” for fear of “sha

Post by Rocky Thu 13 Jun 2024, 4:25 am

POSTED ON[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]They do not tell anyone... Iraqis tolerate the violence of their wives in “silence” for fear of “shame”[/size]

[size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    06-12-2024
    An analytical study conducted by the Iraqi Ministry of Interior on domestic violence, which lasted for five years, revealed that men were subjected to violence by their wives, albeit to a lesser extent than the violence directed at women.[/size]
    [size=45]Many men in Iraq who are subjected to violence by women refuse to appear in the role of victims in order to preserve their social status, so they prefer to be “violated silently” instead of informing the relevant authorities or their families as women do, as is the case with Hassan (40 years old) from the governorate. Babel, who was expelled from his home after his wife took advantage of his illness and transferred his property to her.[/size]
    [size=45]The man abused by his wife says, “I got married 15 years ago, and I have 5 children, 3 boys and 2 girls, and life was normal without problems until I got cancer, and after my illness worsened, which began to threaten my life, my wife asked me to register my house in her name for fear of not getting her share of the inheritance, as well as The matter is with my car, and I agreed out of pity for her because she is an orphan and has no one to confront my brothers after I leave.”[/size]
    [size=45]Hassan adds, “But then I began to notice a difference in the way my wife spoke to me, as well as in her dealings. Her care for me declined, and there was great neglect in health, hygiene, and food, to the point of depriving me of visiting my relatives. When I argued with her, she threatened me with divorce and divorce, so I remained silent, but then she continued to use violence.” Physically, and because I rejected what she was doing, she expelled me from my home.”[/size]
    [size=45]There are many stories that are similar to Hassan’s story and more, although their reasons are different. As it is said, “houses have secrets that only their owners know about,” but in reality there are men who are victims of women’s violence, but there are no accurate statistics for them, as men cannot disclose such cases. For fear of society’s reactions, since the Eastern man has power and control, so there are men who suffer silently without the ability to speak out, which requires the concerned authorities to raise awareness and educate families and address these cases, as the negative impact does not only affect the husband but also all members of the family.[/size]
    [size=45]14 thousand domestic violence cases[/size]
    [size=45]Today, Wednesday, the Iraqi Ministry of Interior announced the registration of nearly 14,000 domestic violence cases during the first five months of this year, considering this number to be “small” compared to the country’s population, which amounts to about 44 million people.[/size]
    [size=45]The Ministry’s spokesman, Brigadier General Miqdad Miri, said in a press conference, “We recorded more than 13,857 cases of domestic violence during the period from the first of January to the first of May of the year 2024,” adding, “This is just Registration of claims, some of which are valid, the other part are malicious, the third part are guarantees, and the last part are procedures.”[/size]
    [size=45]He explained, “That is, approximately 14,000 cases were registered within 5 months, the highest of which was physical violence,” adding, “We had 3,101 cases who were released on bail, and we also have convicts against whom judicial rulings were issued, which amount to 100 rulings after they were convicted of crimes of domestic violence, and 1,196 people were released.” As well as conciliation and compromise, 4,400 cases, 1,500 cases under procedure, and the number of reviews is 3,550.[/size]
    [size=45]The ministry spokesman also described this figure for the number of domestic violence lawsuits as “simple and modest” when measured by the number of Iraqi people, which ranges between 43-44 million people according to approximate statistics, adding, “But due to the importance and sensitivity of the issue, we reveal these numbers as a matter of transparency to highlight light on it.”[/size]
    [size=45]Brigadier General Merry also reviewed an analytical study conducted by the Ministry of Interior on domestic violence, which lasted for five years from 2019 until 2023. Its results, through statistics, led to an increase in domestic violence within society, resulting from: economic, cultural, and social changes, and severance from religion. And widespread unemployment.[/size]
    [size=45]Merry noted that the “imperfect openness” on social networking sites encouraged an increase in relationships outside the marriage system, which led to a remarkable increase in cases of marital infidelity and drug abuse, which increased the number of cases registered for domestic violence.[/size]
    [size=45]He went on to say, “By comparing the study of domestic violence during the five years mentioned above, it was noted that the highest rate of domestic violence crimes was recorded in Baghdad, at a rate of 31% of the total rates of the study, given that the capital has the highest population among the rest of the governorates, and it was the lowest governorate recorded by the study.” “With domestic violence, Salah al-Din’s rate is 5%.”[/size]
    [size=45]According to the study, the number of females who were exposed to domestic violence was higher than males, and the rate of assault on females was 73%, while the percentage of males exposed to domestic violence reached 27% according to the statistics of registered cases.[/size]
    [size=45]The study concluded that the most common type of violence was physical violence, at a rate of 43%, while the lowest rate was sexual assault, at a rate of 16%.[/size]
    [size=45]Reasons for the increase in violence against men[/size]
    [size=45]In turn, the head of the Iraqi Family Protection and Development Society, Haqqi Karim Hadi, attributes the increase in violence against men to “the weakness of the man’s personality in front of the strength of the personality of the wife or her family, which makes the man weak before them, or the lack of equality between men and women in the economic or social aspect.”[/size]
    [size=45]Hadi adds, “Civil society organizations that contribute in this field have also monitored cases of violence against men due to drug abuse, feelings of betrayal, or perhaps the woman suffers from psychological disorders, or a lack of psychological security among the man. Violence often occurs against young men who are under The age of thirty years.[/size]
    [size=45]Law against domestic violence[/size]
    [size=45]It is noteworthy that in 2020, the Iraqi government approved a draft law against domestic violence within the Council of Ministers, and sent it to the House of Representatives, which was unable to approve it amid tensions, fears, and obstacles by the influential political blocs that are based on religious ideologies, under the pretext that the law is an imitation of Western laws, and gives women The right to obtain government care, which these parties believe encourages women to rebel.[/size]
    [size=45]Commenting on this, lawyer Muthanna Huwait says, “It is not possible to determine the meaning of violence because there is no law that defines it, as the draft law against domestic violence has not been approved yet, but the general rules in the Iraqi Penal Code guarantee this issue.”[/size]
    [size=45]During his speech, Huwait notes that “a man’s display of his grievances before the courts may be a social disgrace, so there are many who cannot knock on the door of the judiciary due to social considerations, but the relationship of a man with a woman cannot be limited to legislation. Rather, one must look at the moral issues that interfere in Making that relationship.”[/size]
    [size=45]At the end of his speech, Howeit holds, “Some campaigns defending women’s rights are responsible for what men are exposed to. They present a type of violence against men in the general sense, because there are effects resulting from them that actually curb many of men’s rights.”[/size]
    [size=45]Official statistics issued by the Iraqi Ministry of Interior in 2023 revealed the growth of domestic violence in all its forms in Iraq, reaching 100 cases in the capital, Baghdad only.[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue 23 Jul 2024, 12:37 am