Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

3 posters

Teamsters' Hoffa urges Congress to back Keystone bill

Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Teamsters' Hoffa urges Congress to back Keystone bill Empty Teamsters' Hoffa urges Congress to back Keystone bill

Post by Neno Thu 22 Jan 2015, 6:34 pm

Teamsters' Hoffa urges Congress to back Keystone bill
    Published January 22, 2015
    FoxNews.com

Teamsters' Hoffa urges Congress to back Keystone bill 012215_trs_teamsters_640

Teamsters push for Keystone as jobs creator for unions
    Teamsters boss James Hoffa, in an interview with Fox News, urged Congress to pass a bill approving the Keystone XL pipeline and claimed the push is "gaining momentum."

"We're for it, we think it puts people to work," Hoffa, president of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, said on Fox News' "The Real Story." "You know it's interesting in Washington where nobody can agree on anything -- but this is one bill where the Republicans and Democrats can come together here and have a vote. Labor and business can come together on the Keystone pipeline."

The GOP-controlled House already has approved legislation authorizing the pipeline. The Senate is still considering the bill -- which President Obama has threatened to veto.

But the president's reluctance to get in front of the project has put him at odds with the labor unions, who want the jobs.

Asked why the president is not listening to him, Hoffa said: "Well, this – he doesn't listen to me on everything. He basically has always been against this. But, I think what's happening is that more and more people are realizing this is going to happen. And I think eventually there is going to be a vote where ... we'll see what happens. But I do think this is gaining momentum at this time."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/22/teamsters-push-for-keystone-as-jobs-creator-for-unions/
    Diamond
    Diamond
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Teamsters' Hoffa urges Congress to back Keystone bill Empty Re: Teamsters' Hoffa urges Congress to back Keystone bill

Post by Diamond Fri 23 Jan 2015, 6:17 am

Since republicans have congress an senate, looks like teamsters gonna start brown nosin since the O-wagon will be pullin out surprise
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Teamsters' Hoffa urges Congress to back Keystone bill Empty Re: Teamsters' Hoffa urges Congress to back Keystone bill

Post by Neno Fri 23 Jan 2015, 6:50 am

Most Teamsters are conservatives (old school democrats) which is covered in both parties, Teamster name has real meaning representing the workingman against corporate greed, Hoffa represents politics that suppose to make it work.

Diamond
    Diamond
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by Diamond Fri 23 Jan 2015, 7:10 am

ok neon, an how much were ya askin for that swamp land in Kansas??? lol
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Fri 23 Jan 2015, 7:25 am

Lol, but our industry contract is coming up this year and I will report what we're asking for for our fair share of building the industry and making the company profits.
    duck2000
    duck2000
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by duck2000 Fri 23 Jan 2015, 7:44 am

more profits more the union asks for .. in retirement bonus.. that NOEONE can pay for..
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Fri 23 Jan 2015, 7:48 am

duck2000 wrote:more profits more the union asks for .. in retirement bonus.. that NOEONE can pay for..
    I agree but your talking public unions, Teamsters is a private union, we work and establish our own and I promise its nothing like a public retiree that's paid by taxes. There's a hugh difference between public and private unions that needs to be understood.
    Diamond
    Diamond
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by Diamond Fri 23 Jan 2015, 7:56 am

help the industry, neon thye helped in the deregulation of the truckin  business, an that's what destroyed regulated freight
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Fri 23 Jan 2015, 9:36 am

I'm not in the freight end of the industry (my father was tho for 30 years), I  am in the auto shipping industry. Even nonunion employees support what we do cause we set the standards, with out our private unionization their end would be even worst. And don't come back with we make the prices on autos high next... LOL

BTW, politicians caused deregulation that messed the regular (ltl) freight trucking up along with manufacturing jobs that went overseas...lol
    Diamond
    Diamond
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by Diamond Fri 23 Jan 2015, 10:51 am

no neon I wouldn't want to hear how high unions have cause the price of things to rise,but ya not transporting for free an they givin up profits

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 4:28 am