Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

3 posters

New puter OS

Ronbo
    Cain't Let Go Investor
    Cain't Let Go Investor

New puter OS Empty New puter OS

Post by Ronbo Sun 25 Jan 2015, 4:12 pm

Hi peoples, just wanting to get some input here. We have been using Windows XP since..... forever? lol. anyway, it's getting to the point it hardly works any more. I've read that Windows 8 is crap, and 8.1 isn't much better? Now they are coming out with 10. I understand that it is to be a free upgrade to 8 and/or 8.1. Anyone have any opinions on how good or crappy either of these are? Gonna have to buy new puters soon I guess, so any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks! 
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

New puter OS Empty Re: New puter OS

Post by Neno Sun 25 Jan 2015, 5:09 pm

The new programs or software that can be loaded but if your going to buy a new computer, I would always go with the latest software loaded in the price that you like running. I went from XP to Windows8 and have had no problems over the last couple years. Just make sure you use a good Spy Ware and Anti Virus system.
    Ronbo
    Cain't Let Go Investor
    Cain't Let Go Investor

Post by Ronbo Sun 25 Jan 2015, 10:01 pm

I didn't know there wer programs or software that would keep my XP running? I'd much rather go that route if I could get any speed out of this thing.
    Thanks hippie
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Mon 26 Jan 2015, 7:32 am

XP is old amd not sure on the updates. But XP is a program preloaded on your computer. Yes you can have that program removed and load another program, example Windows 8. My preference is always a new modem tower when going with a new program. When a program is new, they cost about $200. I usually go with a Dell new Tower which has the newest program preloaded for $350-$500. You can get more expensive towers, just depends on your preferences.
    ksp
    ksp
    Dedicated Investor
    Dedicated Investor

Post by ksp Mon 26 Jan 2015, 8:47 pm

I will be building new computers in a couple of weeks. I plan on using LINUX based operating systems. Don't know which one yet. Linux users tell me its the way to go. Hopefully I can get completely microsoft free. Never have liked those guys.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 3:55 am