Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

ASPARAGUS IN PARCHMENT PACKETS

Lobo
    Lobo

ASPARAGUS IN PARCHMENT PACKETS Empty ASPARAGUS IN PARCHMENT PACKETS

Post by Lobo Sun 21 Jun 2015, 9:16 pm

ASPARAGUS IN PARCHMENT PACKETS
    ASPARAGUS IN PARCHMENT PACKETS Asparagus%20ingredients
    View detailed images (1)

If you are looking for a new asparagus technique to add to your repertoire, give this one a try. The method is easy and delicious.
    INGREDIENTS
    adapted from the NY Times, April 16th , 2010
    originally from Paula Wolfert’s “The Slow Mediterranean Kitchen: Recipes for the Passionate Cook"

• 1 bunch asparagus
    • olive oil
    • salt
    • a few sprigs of fresh herbs such as thyme, chervil, tarragon and/or dill
    • 1 piece of parchment
    • kitchen twine

Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Wash and trim asparagus.

Drape parchment over a cookie sheet. Lay the asparagus in the middle of the paper - drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat the spears. Lay a few sprigs of herbs on top. Wrap the edges of the paper around the asparagus to enclose the veggies in a packet. Wrap with twine.

Transfer the packet of asparagus to the oven. After about 45 minutes, enough time to make the rest of your meal, your asparagus will be ready to eat. (The NY Times suggested an hour in the oven, but I thought the asparagus was overcooked. 45 minutes in the oven rendered the asparagus perfectly cooked for my taste.) If you like your asparagus a little more cooked, simply retie the parchment packet and return to the oven until it is done to your liking.

Enjoy!
    photo credt: erin scott.  recipe from the blog "Yummy Supper."

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 8:15 pm