Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

2 posters

Butterscotch Sauce

Lobo
    Lobo

Butterscotch Sauce Empty Butterscotch Sauce

Post by Lobo Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:05 pm

Butterscotch Sauce

Butterscotch Sauce Img93l
    Made from sugar syrup, butter and cream, butterscotch often contains Scotch whiskey. Serve this sauce over ice cream for an irresistible treat.
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 10 minutes
    Servings: 16

Ingredients:

• 1 cup sugar
    • 1 cup light corn syrup
    • 1/2 cup heavy cream
    • 3 Tbs. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
    • 2 Tbs. Scotch whiskey (optional)

Directions:

In a heavy 2- to 2 1/2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, cook the sugar until it turns amber, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir the sugar with a long-handled wooden spoon during the first 1 to 2 minutes of cooking; do not stir after this point and, instead, tip the pan to ensure even cooking. Do not allow the sugar to burn. If the sugar burns, turns very dark and smells acrid, discard it and start again.

Add the corn syrup and cook until blended, stirring only as necessary. Exercise great caution, as the sugar is very hot. Use a long-handled wooden spoon and heavy pot holders to protect your hands.

Remove the pan from the heat and very carefully pour the cream into the hot syrup. Add the butter and stir until the butter melts, the cream is thoroughly incorporated and the sauce is smooth. Stir in the whiskey. Serve warm or at room temperature.

The sauce can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days. Reheat gently over medium heat. Makes about 2 cups.
    Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Collection Series, Ice Cream, by Mary Goodbody (Simon & Schuster, 2003).
    ahill
    ahill
    All In Investor
    All In Investor

Butterscotch Sauce Empty Re: Butterscotch Sauce

Post by ahill Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:04 am

Yum!

Butterscotch is waaaaaay better tastier than caramel .....Yes!!!

ann

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:41 am