Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Russia & Iran reach agreement on S-300 air defense systems delivery

Lobo
    Lobo

Russia & Iran reach agreement on S-300 air defense systems delivery Empty Russia & Iran reach agreement on S-300 air defense systems delivery

Post by Lobo Wed 19 Aug 2015, 5:10 pm

Russia & Iran reach agreement on S-300 air defense systems delivery – deputy foreign minister

Published time: 19 Aug, 2015 10:08Edited time: 19 Aug, 2015 12:19

Moscow and Tehran have reached an agreement over delivery of the S-300 long range surface-to-air missile systems. It's a done deal, with some technical issues only left to be clarified, deputy foreign minister Mikhail Bogdanov told RIA Novosti.

"As things stand now, this topic is closed. We have reached full understanding on the matter together with our Iranian partners. The question has been fundamentally solved. The rest is just technical details," Bogdanov, who is also a special presidential representative for the Middle East and Africa, stated on Wednesday.

Russia will supply Iran with the S-300 system later this year. A high-ranking source in the Russian Foreign Ministry told RIA Novosti that the exact number of missile systems has been written down in an already agreed contract.

"There will be as many as mentioned in the contract," he added, responding to the question whether Russia will really supply Iran with four S-300 divisions instead of three, as the Sputnik agency previously reported, citing a source in the Iranian Ministry of Defense.

In April, Russian President Vladimir Putin repealed the ban (introduced by former President Dmitry Medvedev in 2010) prohibiting the delivery of S-300 missile air defense systems to Iran. Commenting on the decision, Sergey Lavrov, Russia's foreign minister, said that Moscow’s voluntary embargo on S-300 deliveries was no longer necessary due to the progress in nuclear talks reached in Lausanne.

http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/content/russia-iran-agree-missile-deal

Current date/time is Thu 18 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm