Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Recipe: Grilled portobello mushroom

Lobo
    Lobo

Recipe: Grilled portobello mushroom  Empty Recipe: Grilled portobello mushroom

Post by Lobo Sat 22 Aug 2015, 9:45 pm

Recipe: Grilled portobello mushroom burgers

Grilled portobello mushroom burgers Recipe: Grilled portobello mushroom  Mayo-portobello-mushroom-burger

The meaty texture of a portobello mushroom makes it the perfect stand-in for a hamburger. As an added bonus, it has only about 30 calories and no fat or cholesterol.

Dietitian's tip:

A meaty-textured portobello mushroom is the perfect stand-in for a hamburger. One portobello mushroom has about 30 calories and no fat or cholesterol. By comparison, a 3-ounce hamburger patty has 235 calories, 16 grams of fat and 76 milligrams of cholesterol.

Number of servings

Serves 4

Ingredients

1. 4 large portobello mushroom caps, 5 inches in diameter (about 12 ounces total)
    2. 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
    3. 1/2 cup water
    4. 1 tablespoon sugar
    5. 1 garlic clove, minced
    6. 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
    7. 2 tablespoons olive oil
    8. 4 whole-wheat buns, toasted
    9. 4 slices tomato
    10. 4 slices red onion
    11. 2 bibb lettuce leaves, halved

Directions

Clean mushrooms with a damp cloth and remove their stems. Place in a glass dish, stem (gill) side up.
    To prepare the marinade, in a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, water, sugar, garlic, cayenne pepper and olive oil. Drizzle the marinade over the mushrooms. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for about 1 hour, turning mushrooms once.
    Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or broiler. Away from the heat source, lightly coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Position the cooking rack 4 to 6 inches from the heat source.
    Grill or broil the mushrooms on medium heat, turning often, until tender, about 5 minutes on each side. Baste with marinade to keep from drying out. Using tongs, transfer the mushrooms to a plate.
    Place each mushroom on a bun and top with 1 tomato slice, 1 onion slice and 1/2 lettuce leaf. Serve immediately.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 1:41 am