Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

3 posters

Sheriff's 'politically incorrect' sign draws strong reaction

Lobo
    Lobo

Sheriff's 'politically incorrect' sign draws strong reaction Empty Sheriff's 'politically incorrect' sign draws strong reaction

Post by Lobo Thu 26 Nov 2015, 2:53 pm

Sheriff's 'politically incorrect' sign draws strong reaction
    Sheriff's 'politically incorrect' sign draws strong reaction Harris%20County%20Sheriff%20Mike%20Jolley

Harris County Sheriff Mike Jolley posted a new sign Tuesday morning outside of his office that says, "WARNING: Harris County is politically incorrect. We say: Merry Christmas, God Bless America and In God We Trust. We salute our troops and our flag. If this offends you… LEAVE!" Photo from D&S Sign Company's 
    By Stephanie Pedersen
    spedersen@ledger-enquirer.com
    In an effort to "stir people's belief and patriotism," Harris County Sheriff Mike Jolley posted a new sign Tuesday morning outside of his department that says his county is politically incorrect, and if you have a problem with that, you can leave.
    Paid for by Jolley, the sign reads: "WARNING: Harris County is politically incorrect. We say: Merry Christmas, God Bless America and In God We Trust. We salute our troops and our flag. If this offends you… LEAVE!"
    Jolly said Tuesday he was tired of the silent majority becoming "more silent."
    "It's time for the silent majority to stand up for our beliefs and not be ashamed," he said.
    He's received overwhelming support for the sign that cost him $553, he said. He purchased it from D&S Sign Company on Linwood Boulevard in Columbus. Jolley said several citizens have wanted to post one on their property.
    Some have even sent checks.
    "The sign has been purchased double," he said.
    "I'm humbled by all of the support," the sheriff said. "Surprised and humbled by it. Maybe the silent majority isn't going to be silent anymore."
    Jolley said he has approximately 75 employees in his office. When asked how those who perhaps aren't Christians may feel, Jolley said "they're more than welcome to worship whatever God they choose fit."
    "For me and mine, we worship Jesus Christ."
    As for what he hopes to achieve with the sign, Jolly said, "Coming up on Thanksgiving, maybe somebody will be thankful for something we have. …"
    Jolley has been the sheriff of Harris County for six terms.
    http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/local/article46241055.html
    fonz1951
    fonz1951
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Sheriff's 'politically incorrect' sign draws strong reaction Empty Re: Sheriff's 'politically incorrect' sign draws strong reaction

Post by fonz1951 Thu 26 Nov 2015, 3:59 pm

love it. made my thanksgiving complete. it is way past time we took our country back. for all those who disagree, maybe you need to find your own country, that way you can make up your own rules. yes

Last edited by fonz1951 on Thu 26 Nov 2015, 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added to)
    notazbad2000
    notazbad2000
    NNP TEAM
    NNP TEAM

Sheriff's 'politically incorrect' sign draws strong reaction Empty Re: Sheriff's 'politically incorrect' sign draws strong reaction

Post by notazbad2000 Thu 26 Nov 2015, 9:56 pm

We can only wish to have more like him in the US!

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
    Martin Luther King Jr., Strength to Love, 1963

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 2:52 am