Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraq Will Sue Turkey If Russian Claims for Oil Smuggling Are True

Lobo
    Lobo

Iraq Will Sue Turkey If Russian Claims for Oil Smuggling Are True Empty Iraq Will Sue Turkey If Russian Claims for Oil Smuggling Are True

Post by Lobo Fri 04 Dec 2015, 3:12 pm

Iraq Will Sue Turkey If Russian Claims for Oil Smuggling Are True
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Posted 2015-12-04 07:37 GMT
    The Iraqi government will lodge a formal lawsuit against Ankara, in case the Russian claims that Turkish government profits from oil smuggling with Daesh prove to be true.
    Iranian Press TV, reported today that Naseer Nuri, the Iraqi Defence Ministry's spokesman gave a phone interview with Russia's Sputnik news agency on Wednesday saying: "If the Iraqi government receives enough evidence and details (about the suspected illegal oil trade between Turkey and Daesh), without any hesitation it will file a protest at the UN Security Council and all other relevant international bodies."
    Nuri told the Russian news agency that there are some general information regarding smuggling of Iraqi oil, stolen by Daesh, to certain countries, including Turkey. "There is evidence, satellite photos and security services' reports which confirm that Daesh smuggles oil to Turkey. This oil is used to fund Daesh," the Iraqi official stressed.
    Meanwhile, the press representative of the Iraqi Oil Ministry, Asem Jihad, told Sputnik that Iraq would also request by the Security Council to open an investigation into the Daesh oil smuggling from Iraq.
    "The UN Security Council is requested to form committees to put in effect the previously adopted resolutions on smuggling. According to said resolutions, all involved in these activities, be they individuals, companies or states, will be branded as criminals," Jihad said.
    On Wednesday, the Associated Press (AP) reported that Russian Deputy Minister of Defence Anatoly Antonov invited dozens of foreign military attaches and hundreds of journalists to present them satellite and aerial images of thousands of oil trucks streaming from the Daesh-controlled deposits in Syria and Iraq into Turkish sea ports and refineries.
    "The main customer for this oil stolen from Syria and Iraq is Turkey," said Antonov and added, "the top political leadership of the country, President Erdogan and his family, is involved in this criminal business."
    Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan immediately denied the accusation and has pledged to step down if Moscow proves its accusations.
    "No one has the right to make such a slander as to suggest that Turkey buys Daesh's oil. Turkey has not lost its moral values as to buy oil from a terror organization," Erdogan said in Wednesday's speech at Qatar University and added. "Those who make such slanderous claims are obliged to prove them. If they do I would not remain on the presidential seat for one minute. But those who make the claim must also give up their seat if they can't prove it."
    Sputnik reported today that according to a source in the German Foreign Ministry, Germany does not have evidence that Turkey is buying Iraqi oil from territories under the control of Daesh. "I can only repeat to you what was said on December 1 briefing by [German government spokesman] Stefan Seibert... We don't have such information," the source told RIA Novosti.
    However, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Wednesday that Moscow would hand over to the United Nations and all interested countries solid proof of Turkey's involvement in illicit oil trade with the fundamentalists.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 15 Jul 2024, 10:42 pm