Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Bahrain and Sudan 'Followed Their Boss' by Breaking Iran Ties

Lobo
    Lobo

Bahrain and Sudan 'Followed Their Boss' by Breaking Iran Ties Empty Bahrain and Sudan 'Followed Their Boss' by Breaking Iran Ties

Post by Lobo Mon 04 Jan 2016, 12:57 pm

Bahrain and Sudan 'Followed Their Boss' by Breaking Iran Ties

19:57 04.01.2016(updated 20:42 04.01.2016) Get short URL

Bahrain and Sudan followed Saudi Arabia's lead when it came to breaking ties with Iran, a Russian security expert said on Monday.

The reasons behind the confrontation between Saudi Arabia and Iran lie much deeper than the execution of preacher Nimr al-Nimr, senior security expert at the Russian Academy of Sciences' Institute of World Economy and International Relations Vladimir Sotnikov told RIA Novosti.

Sotnikov said that Bahrain and Sudan "followed their boss" when it came to reducing diplomatic ties with Iran.

"The reasons are rooted much deeper, in this regional confrontation, which already has a global subtext between Saudi Arabia and Iran. These are the strongest two competing powers in the Middle East. This became completely obvious in their relations and action in the Syrian and Yemen crises," Sotnikov said.
    "That is why the execution was logical on the Saudis' side. They showed that they will not tolerate any strengthening of Shiites in their country or in the Middle East. After that, everything snowballed," he added.

According to Sotnikov, there is a possibility that the two countries could collide in a "hot war" in Syria. He added, that the moves made by Gulf monarchies appear to be leading to a boycott of Iran.

"Thе countries which formally joined the third anti-ISIL coalition under Saudi Arabia's leadership, it appears, will either follow [Saudi Arabia's] example, or reduce their diplomatic staff to a minimum," Sotnikov said.

Sotnikov also said that he doubts that the conflict would last a very long time.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160104/1032677640/bahrain-sudan-iran-ties.html#ixzz3wIsEnG4g

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 1:37 am