Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Morning Joe hosts skewer Rubio over new ad where he confuses being president with being a preacher

Lobo
    Lobo

Morning Joe hosts skewer Rubio over new ad where he confuses being president with being a preacher Empty Morning Joe hosts skewer Rubio over new ad where he confuses being president with being a preacher

Post by Lobo Thu 07 Jan 2016, 5:29 pm

Morning Joe hosts skewer Rubio over new ad where he confuses being president with being a preacher
     Morning Joe hosts skewer Rubio over new ad where he confuses being president with being a preacher Default
    Bethania Palma Markus
    07 Jan 2016 at 14:40 ET 

The hosts of MSNBC show Morning Joe ripped GOP presidential candidate and Florida Senator Marco Rubio on Thursday over a campaign ad that sounded more like a proselytizing Christian sermon.

Host Joe Scarborough, himself a former congressman from Florida, said Rubio was too plainly pandering to evangelical Christian voters, to the point of being insulting.

“They’re not voting for you to be the best Christian,” Scarborough said. “They just want to know that you get them. So stop pandering to them.”

He then pointed out that Donald Trump, who has never been a beacon of Christian values, is ahead in the polls with evangelicals.

“They know Donald Trump’s not like, Christian of the month or Christian of the week, or has never won a Bible drill,” Scarborough said. “But, he gets them.”

They then showed the Rubio ad, in which Rubio discusses his deep Christianity and hints his faith would influence his policy actions if elected president.

“Our goal is eternity,” Rubio says, “the ability to live alongside our creator for all time. To accept the free gift of salvation offered to us by Jesus Christ.”

He then quoted Bible verses and said, “Are your treasures stored up on Earth or in heaven? And to me, I try to allow that to influence me in everything that I do.”

The ad prompted co-host Mika Brzezinski to murmur, “What the hell was that?”

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/morning-joe-hosts-skewer-rubio-over-new-ad-where-he-confuses-being-president-with-being-a-preacher/

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 10:33 am