Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Funnel Cakes

Lobo
    Lobo

Funnel Cakes Empty Funnel Cakes

Post by Lobo Thu 07 Jan 2016, 10:20 pm

Funnel Cakes Img48l
    Funnel Cakes
    Funnel Cakes Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 45 minutes
    Servings: 20
    These deep-fried pastries originated with the Pennsylvania Dutch, who poured the batter through a funnel into hot oil, forming a spiral shape. Here, the funnel cakes are dusted with a mixture of confectioners sugar and cinnamon. They're delicious for breakfast or an afternoon snack.

Ingredients:

• Canola oil for frying
    • 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
    • 1/2 Tbs. ground cinnamon
    • 4 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1 Tbs. baking powder
    • 3/4 tsp. salt
    • 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
    • 3 eggs, lightly beaten
    • 3 to 4 cups milk
    • 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 200°F. Pour oil into a deep fryer and preheat to 375°F according to the manufacturers instructions. Line a baking sheet with paper towels.

In a small bowl, combine the confectioners sugar and cinnamon. Transfer to a mesh sugar shaker; set aside.

In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, 3 cups of the milk and the vanilla. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until smooth. Transfer the batter to a pitcher or batter dispenser.

Slowly pour 1/3 cup of the batter into the hot oil in a thin stream, forming a circular shape. If the batter is too thick, add more milk so it pours easily. If the batter spreads too much in the fryer, use a fine-mesh strainer to help contain the batter. Fry until the underside of the funnel cake is browned, about 1 minute. Using the strainer, turn the funnel cake over. Fry until browned on the other side, about 1 minute more.

Transfer the funnel cake to the prepared baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with the remaining batter. Dust the funnel cakes with the confectioners sugar mixture and serve immediately. Makes 20 funnel cakes.
    Williams-Sonoma Kitchen.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 12:49 pm