Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Pear, Endive and Walnut Salad

Lobo
    Lobo

Pear, Endive and Walnut Salad Empty Pear, Endive and Walnut Salad

Post by Lobo Fri 15 Jan 2016, 12:06 am

Pear, Endive and Walnut Salad Img39l
    Pear, Endive and Walnut Salad
    Pear, Endive and Walnut Salad Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 7 minutes
    Servings: 6
    Asian pears are a particularly good choice for salads, as they remain crisp when tossed with a vinaigrette. Their aromatic character pairs well with the tartness of a young, soft goat cheese and the richness of a creamy blue, making them a good match for a cheese course.

Ingredients:

• 3 Asian or Bosc pears, halved, cored and cut into
        slices 1/8 inch thick
    • Juice of 1 lemon
    • 3 Tbs. sherry vinegar
    • 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
    • 1 shallot, minced
    • 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    • Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
    • 1/2 cup walnut halves
    • 3 large heads Belgian endive, cored and cut
        lengthwise into narrow strips

Related Recipes

Pear, Endive and Walnut Salad Wine-pairing-icon-white

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with crisp, medium-bodied white wines like the Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc, Napa County/Sonoma County from our Wine Club.

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine the pear slices and lemon juice, and toss to coat the pear slices evenly to prevent them from turning brown.

In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard and shallot. Slowly add the olive oil while whisking constantly to make a vinaigrette. Continue to whisk until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.

In a small, dry fry pan over medium heat, toast the walnuts, shaking the pan often, until they start to brown and smell aromatic, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a small dish and set aside.

Add the endive to the bowl with the pears. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss to coat evenly. Divide the salad evenly among salad plates. Top each serving with an equal number of walnut halves. Serve immediately. Serves 6.
    Adapted from Williams-Sonoma, Entertaining, by George Dolese (Oxmoor House, 2004).

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 4:11 am