Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Preserved Lemons

Lobo
    Lobo

Preserved Lemons Empty Preserved Lemons

Post by Lobo Sat 16 Jan 2016, 9:46 pm

Preserved Lemons Img31l
    Preserved Lemons
    Preserved Lemons Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Cook Time: 0 minutes
    A popular condiment in Moroccan cooking, preserved lemons are made by soaking the fresh fruit in a saltwater brine for at least 1 week. They impart an intense lemon flavor to dishes, such as braised chicken.

Ingredients:

• 1 cup kosher salt
    • 6 thin-skinned lemons, well scrubbed
       and quartered
    • 1 cup fresh lemon juice, plus more as needed

Related Recipes

Directions:

Place the salt in a shallow bowl. Coat each lemon quarter with salt and place in a 1-quart canning jar. You may need to gently force the last few wedges into the jar. Add the remaining salt along with the 1 cup lemon juice. If there are any air bubbles visible, cover the jar and shake it a little to eliminate them. Uncover the jar and add enough lemon juice to reach the lip of the jar. Store on your countertop for 1 day. Uncover the jar and add more lemon juice, if needed, to completely cover the lemons, then cover again. Store on your countertop for 6 more days, shaking the jar at least once a day. The lemons are ready to use.

Store the jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. Makes 6 preserved lemons.
    Williams-Sonoma Kitchen.

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 5:32 am