Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Cowboy Beans

Lobo
    Lobo

Cowboy Beans Empty Cowboy Beans

Post by Lobo Sun 17 Jan 2016, 8:07 pm

Cowboy Beans Img54l
    Cowboy Beans
    Cowboy Beans Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 90 minutes
    Servings: 8
    Smoke adds a distinctly campfire taste to this frontier classic. Throw in leftover smoked pork, ribs or brisket for a more substantial dish. Make sure the pot you choose will fit under the cover of your grill, or cook the beans in a fire pit or over a campfire, cowboy style. Alternatively, you can cook the beans on the stovetop. Serve as a side dish with plenty of grilled bread for mopping up the sauce.

• 1K+

Ingredients:

• 1/2 lb. thick-cut smoked bacon
    • 1 small yellow onion, diced
    • Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
    • 1/2 lb. dried Great Northern or small white beans, picked over, soaked overnight in water to cover and drained
    • 1 cup basic barbecue sauce
    • 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
    • 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
    • 1/4 cup molasses
    • 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
    • 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
    • 1 Tbs. dry mustard
    • 1 Tbs. granulated garlic
    • 1 Tbs. chili powder

Directions:

If cooking the beans on a grill, prepare a medium fire in the grill.

In a large, heavy-lidded pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp and the fat begins to render, 8 to 10 minutes. Discard the fat, leaving a few tablespoons in the pot. Add the onion to the pot, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the beans, barbecue sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, vinegar, Dijon mustard, dry mustard, garlic and chili powder. Add enough water to just cover the beans, up to 2 cups, and stir well.

Place the pot on the grill rack over the hottest part of the fire. Or, keep the pot on the burner over medium heat. Partially cover the pot and simmer the beans, stirring occasionally, until deep dark brown in color and thick, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Serve immediately. Serves 6 to 8. Adapted from Williams-Sonoma On the Grill, by Willie Cooper (Oxmoor House, 2009).

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 11:35 am