Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Steamed Sugar Snap Peas with Black Sesame Seeds

Lobo
    Lobo

Steamed Sugar Snap Peas with Black Sesame Seeds Empty Steamed Sugar Snap Peas with Black Sesame Seeds

Post by Lobo Sun 17 Jan 2016, 9:41 pm

Steamed Sugar Snap Peas with Black Sesame Seeds Img80l
    Steamed Sugar Snap Peas with Black Sesame Seeds
    Steamed Sugar Snap Peas with Black Sesame Seeds Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 5 minutes
    Servings: 4
    Crisp, bright green peas are flavored with sesame oil and sesame seeds to produce a fragrant side dish. The color is beautiful, the flavor is great and each serving has only 70 calories.

Ingredients:

• 1 lb. sugar snap peas 
    • 2 green onions, white and light green portions, cut into slices 1/4 inch thick 
    • 1 1/2 tsp. Asian sesame oil 
    • 1 tsp. black sesame seeds 
    • Pinch of kosher salt  

Directions:

Trim the stems and, if necessary, remove the strings from the sugar snap peas. To check if strings are present, cut or snap off a stem and then pull downward the length of the pod.

Arrange the sugar snap peas in a steamer rack set over boiling water, cover and steam until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
    Transfer the peas to a serving bowl and add the green onions, sesame oil, sesame seeds and salt. Toss to coat the peas evenly. Serve warm or at room temperature. Serves 4.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma, Essentials of Healthful Cooking, by Mary Abbott Hess, Dana Jacobi & Marie Simmons (Oxmoor House, 2003).

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 4:34 pm