Filets Mignons with Herb-Shallot Butter
Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
These filets are easy enough to prepare for a weeknight dinner and impressive enough for a last-minute gathering with friends. You can make the herb-shallot butter in advance and refrigerate; bring to room temperature before serving. Round out the meal with fingerling potatoes and a corn, tomato and arugula salad.
- 4 filets mignons, each about 6 oz. and 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
- Kosher salt, to taste, plus 1/2 tsp.
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped shallot
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, chives, tarragon
- 2 Tbs. canola oil
Directions:Season the filets with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the butter, shallot, herbs, the 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
In a large fry pan over medium heat, warm the canola oil until almost smoking. Add the filets and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Transfer the filets to a warmed platter and top with the herb-shallot butter, dividing evenly. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serves 4.