Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Chiles and Herbed Yogurt Sauce
Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Looking for something lighter and healthier than your usual Thanksgiving sweet potatoes, which are typically sweetened with brown sugar and topped with marshmallows? Try this simple dish, which gets a kick of heat from Calabrian chiles. These simple sweet potatoes are also a perfect match for many grilled and roasted meats, such as juicy lamb burgers or a roasted pork loin.
- 3 small sweet potatoes, about 2 lb. (1 kg) total, each cut
lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt, plus more, to taste
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper, plus more, to taste
- 3/4 cup (6 oz./180 g) plain yogurt
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh mint, plus a handful of small mint
leaves for garnish
- Williams-Sonoma Calabrian Chiles in Oil, to taste
Directions:Preheat an oven to 425°F (220°C).
Spread the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to evenly coat, then spread the sweet potatoes in a single layer. Roast the sweet potatoes, turning every 10 minutes, until evenly browned and tender when pierced with a knife, 30 to 40 minutes.
While the sweet potatoes are cooking, make the yogurt sauce. In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, parsley, chopped mint, the 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper.
Transfer the sweet potatoes to a serving platter. Dab the Calabrian chiles to taste on top and sprinkle with the mint leaves. Serve immediately with the yogurt sauce alongside. Serves 4.
Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen