Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Sunday Suppers Mashed Potatoes

Lobo
    Lobo

Sunday Suppers Mashed Potatoes Empty Sunday Suppers Mashed Potatoes

Post by Lobo Tue 19 Jan 2016, 11:39 pm

Sunday Suppers Mashed Potatoes Img4l
    Sunday Suppers Mashed Potatoes
    Sunday Suppers Mashed Potatoes Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 20 minutes
    Servings: 4 to 6
    Karen Mordechai of Sunday Suppers says her secret to extra-fluffy mashed potatoes is using a ricer, which prevents the potatoes from becoming overly starchy. She then beats the potatoes briefly using a whisk or mixer, which makes them very smooth. Rich and creamy, these potatoes make a perfect side dish for her Turkey with White Wine Gravy, which she sometimes likes to rub with truffle butter.

Ingredients:

• 6 lb. (3 kg) Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2–inch (12-mm) dice
    • 1 cup (8 oz./250 g) sour cream
    • 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks/375 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
    • 3/4 cup (6 fl. oz./180 ml) whole milk
    • Kosher salt to taste
    • Freshly ground white pepper to taste

Related Recipes

Directions:

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the potatoes and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain in a colander and set aside to dry for 3 to 4 minutes.

Pass the potatoes through a potato ricer or a food mill into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Add the sour cream, butter, milk, salt and white pepper. Beat the potatoes on medium speed until smooth and just blended.

(If you don’t have a stand mixer, pass the potatoes through a ricer or food mill into a large bowl. Using a handheld electric mixer or a sturdy whisk, beat the potatoes with the remaining ingredients until smooth.)

Taste and adjust the seasonings with more salt and white pepper as needed. Serve immediately. Serves 4 to 6.

Adapted from Sunday Suppers, by Karen Mordechai (Clarkson Potter, 2104).

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 2:50 am