Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Sweet-and-Spicy Sweet Potatoes (Chili Seasoning)

Lobo
    Lobo

Sweet-and-Spicy Sweet Potatoes (Chili Seasoning) Empty Sweet-and-Spicy Sweet Potatoes (Chili Seasoning)

Post by Lobo Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:59 am

Sweet-and-Spicy Sweet Potatoes (Chili Seasoning) Img13l
    Sweet-and-Spicy Sweet Potatoes (Chili Seasoning)
    Sweet-and-Spicy Sweet Potatoes (Chili Seasoning) Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 20 minutes
    Servings: 4
    The chili seasoning in this dish adds some heat, producing an appealing sweet-hot taste. Serve the sweet potatoes the moment they come out of the oven, while they are still crisp.

Ingredients:

• 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled, cut crosswise into slices 1/2 inch thick and each slice cut in half to create half-moons
    • 3 Tbs. canola oil
    • 1 Tbs. dark or light molasses
    • 1 tsp. chili seasoning
    • Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 450°F.
    Arrange the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. In a small dish, stir together the canola oil and molasses. Drizzle the mixture evenly over the sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with the chili seasoning, then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Stir to coat the potatoes evenly, then spread them out in a single layer.
    Roast the sweet potatoes, turning them 1 or 2 times, until they are browned and crisp and tender when pierced with a fork, 20 to 30 minutes.
    Transfer the sweet potatoes to a warmed serving dish and serve immediately. Serves 4.
    Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Roasting, by Rick Rodgers, Melanie Barnard, Bob & Coleen Simmons, Tori Ritchie & Amanda Haas (Oxmoor House, 2009).

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 am