Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Sesame Brown Rice

Lobo
    Lobo

Sesame Brown Rice Empty Sesame Brown Rice

Post by Lobo Wed 20 Jan 2016, 11:06 pm

Sesame Brown Rice Img69l
    Sesame Brown Rice
    Sesame Brown Rice Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 35 minutes
    Servings: 4
    Medium-grain brown rice, often sold as short-grain brown rice, has a sticky texture and a nutlike aroma and taste. Asian sesame oil, which has a rich toasted flavor, complements the distinctive nature of the rice. If there are leftovers, transform them into a rice salad by adding grated carrot and a generous drizzle of rice vinegar.

Ingredients:

• 2 3/4 cups water
    • 1 cup medium-grain brown rice 
    • 1/2 tsp. kosher salt 
    • 2 tsp. sesame seeds 
    • 1 tsp. Asian sesame oil 
    • 1 Tbs. thinly sliced green onions 

Directions:

In a saucepan over high heat, bring the water to a boil. Add the rice and salt, stir once, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook, without stirring, until all of the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender, 35 to 45 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a small, dry fry pan over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds until they are fragrant and have taken on color, about 2 minutes. Pour the seeds onto a plate and set aside.

Carefully lift the cover of the saucepan so that no condensation drips into the rice. Drizzle the sesame oil evenly over the top and sprinkle with half of the sesame seeds. Gently fluff the rice with a chopstick or the handle of a wooden spoon.

Spoon the rice into a warmed serving dish. Sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds and the green onion. Serve immediately. Serves 4.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma, Essentials of Healthful Cooking, by Mary Abbott Hess, Dana Jacobi & Marie Simmons (Oxmoor House, 2003).

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 12:44 pm